what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

You might as well do the long hair stuff now and save the boot boy look for later - when it all falls out on top anyway
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

moogle

Today I've been listening to Motorhead's 'Beerdrinkers and Hellraisers' EP.
On blue vinyl!

And it rocks...   :music:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

lesmond

I used to listen to, and enjoy a lot of Oi! music when I was much younger and also a boot boy (grandpa in the corner here), but just this last few weeks can't keep off Pink Floyd, namely The Wall and The Division Bell.
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Elvinley

Can't beat The Wall.

For me lately it's been Roy Harper, Wovenhand and Type O Negative.

lesmond

Hi Evinley,

Don't know any of those, will have a look / listen. The Wall does rule though, especially as the boss is out tonight and I'm going to watch it on VHS!!
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Newportnobby

Oh dear - had a Southern Comfort and Pomp Rock night last night so Yes, King Crimson, BJH, ELP, Strawbs etc. I must have had one too many S.Comforts as I found the air guitar in the garden this morning!

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2011, 09:24:51 AM
Oh dear - had a Southern Comfort and Pomp Rock night last night so Yes, King Crimson, BJH, ELP, Strawbs etc. I must have had one too many S.Comforts as I found the air guitar in the garden this morning!

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Hope you managed to get the Rolls Royce out of the swimming pool too  :beers:

Newportnobby

That's how it got there! The missus said she'd reversed the Rolls out of the garage, and I knew that I had reversed it into the garage.
Elvinley - thanks for the tips on Type 0 Negative and Woven Hand - I'll be checking Itunes.
If you like them - try Pure Reason Revolution and also Dream Theater (not my spelling). Some have termed them as up to date Prog Rock.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2011, 11:44:52 AM

If you like them - try Pure Reason Revolution and also Dream Theater (not my spelling). Some have termed them as up to date Prog Rock.
Have you heard of a band called Porcupine Tree.......?
           Worth checking out.... :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnYG6IRTlUk&feature=related

Claude Dreyfus

What am I listening to at present?

...my colleagues droning on about the Apprentice!  :sleep:

poliss

Elvinley

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2011, 11:44:52 AM
That's how it got there! The missus said she'd reversed the Rolls out of the garage, and I knew that I had reversed it into the garage.
Elvinley - thanks for the tips on Type 0 Negative and Woven Hand - I'll be checking Itunes.

Saw PRR live at Greenbelt fest some years ago - amazing. I have their CDs as well.

Newportnobby

This week, I ha mostly been listening to the Division Bell. :music:
Thanks Elvinley. I downloaded some Wovenhand and some Type 0 Negative - good stuff.
Does anyone out there like Renaissance? Annie Haslam has a tremendous pair of lungs (ahem) :smiley-laughing:

SymonC

Quote from: newportnobby on June 19, 2011, 02:46:17 PM
This week, I ha mostly been listening to the Division Bell. :music:
Thanks Elvinley. I downloaded some Wovenhand and some Type 0 Negative - good stuff.
Does anyone out there like Renaissance? Annie Haslam has a tremendous pair of lungs (ahem) :smiley-laughing:

Yep, I like Renaissance and Annie's solo stuff. Particularly like "The Angels Cry" written by the Moody Blues' Justin Hayward.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations