loco respray

Started by brbluewill, February 20, 2012, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnlambert

Quote from: TPE NORTH on October 27, 2016, 07:02:54 PM
Hi guys. Ive got a full virgin mk3 set but i can not seem to find a virgin mk3 DVT. Im toying with the idea of buying DVT and sending it away for repainting. Any suggestions or examples of good work, so should i hang on until 1 in virgin livery comes avaliable. Alan

I had a Dapol Class 122 resprayed by West Coast Resprays. http://www.westcoastresprays.co.uk/

The guy's name is Anthony.

It cost £125, but the quality of finish is as good as the factory finish (if not better) and I had lots of consultation before starting work to make sure about details like running numbers.  There was also plenty of communication confirming when he received the loco, progress on the respray and when it was ready (including good quality photos for review before payment).

I'd happily go back to Anthony if I wanted something else resprayed.

mickster04

Well i started with

and ended up with

featuring cut away buffer beams, full etched roof detail, marker lights (with sealed beam type at the No.2 end) etched Fire Fly nameplates and crests and partial respray of yellow cabs and roof, highlighted details (like the axle boxes) and buffers with imitation grease!

All thanks to Anthony. I would argue that his painting beats that of the factory, look at the yellow edge, a clear difference :D

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations