The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Hope no one gets theirs delivered by Yodel or it could end up on the roof! :uneasy:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Oddly related - ordered a few bike parts on the 15th from Evans, not our illustrious member, but the cycle store. Needed for tomorrow latest as I am delivering a present of a brand new cycle to my grand-daughter in Didcot on Monday and these parts are a few essential accessories.
No delivery so just rang them as I note their online order history still says 'processing'  >:(

Nice chap answers - "er....um... looks like this order has not been placed in our system......... looks like it's been cancelled......"

:veryangry:

We shall see if their "promise" to get them reordered and to me by tomorrow (free delivery) proves honourable. :hmmm:

Like our Evans I shall now mope, and hope, all day.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I had the opposite problem last week. I had an order in with Amazon for three items. I got the usual emails stating that the items had been dispatched and would be delivered last Thursday, The items promptly arrived with the postman and I signed for them. No problem. Last Friday, I got emails from Amazon, full of apologies, stating that the items had been delayed and would be delivered in 2 - 3 days!  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Ian Bowden

Ordering from Amazon there is an option to have the item left in a safe place. Along with this is a tick box to use this on all deliveries. I naievly beleived that on subsequent orders that would happen.

BoxTunnel

Tesco "Finest" dry cured back bacon is nothing of the sort.  So much water came out of it that the stuff was braising, not frying.

I'm done with Tesco.

P.S if the publishers of BRM are wondering why they didn't sell many copies in Cirencester Tesco this month, it's because they were all hidden behind Model Rail.  I fixed the problem but had some strange looks from the security guard whilst I was rearranging their magazine display.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on October 12, 2017, 04:30:35 PM
Marketing. Apologies to anyone involved in marketing who knows their stuff, but have been involved in some conversations recently which go along the lines "if you want to release product X by arbitrary date Y, please feel free to do the grunt work yourself, and while you're at it stick your 'marketing story' where the sun don't shine, 'cos while I have a verifiable track record of going the extra unit length if necessary, from now on I will refuse to jump just because it makes your Gantt charts look good." :veryangry:
In an unexpected development, Mr. Marketing Gantt Chart appears to have left the company, come to think of it Gantt charts have made a complete disappearance from my life  :beers:

daffy

Quote from: BoxTunnel on October 31, 2017, 01:02:43 PM
Tesco "Finest" dry cured back bacon is nothing of the sort.  So much water came out of it that the stuff was braising, not frying.

I'm done with Tesco.

I'm getting the anti-Tesco vibe too! Bacon is really a case in point for me as I have many problems with the 'additives' that get pumped into many meats these days, and the last two lots of Dry Cure I bought were, as you say, full of water. Well, not water exactly, more a chemical-loaded white fluid reminiscent of the stuff you use to cool metal when using a drill or lathe. All my dry-cure now comes from a local butcher, along with all other meat products - better taste, better quality, and often no dearer.

And then there's their Clubcard. We have had Clubcard Plus accounts since their inception in 199?, but now Tesco have decided to end them, and despite promises to the contrary, have not replaced them with a standard Clubcard.

Along with other complaints - including the lack of provision on their magazine racks of 'Continental Modeller' - we visit Tesco less frequently these days.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

I do not how/if Tesco Ireland differs from Tesco Uk, but because of my shift patterns, we do our shopping at Asda in Enniskillen, (Northern Ireland), every second week and Tesco Ireland on the alternate weeks. We spend in the region of €140 in Asda and €70 in Tesco!! 'Nuff said. Unfortunately, we do not have the likes of Morrisons or Sainsburys in the Republic and, whilst there are, (expensive), 'home grown' grocery chains here, it is well worth paying, in time and diesel, to drive to Enniskillen - a nice place to visit if any of you are in that area. The fact that my nearest model shop is in Enniskillen is a pure coincidence!  ;D
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

stevewalker

Whenever we are over, we do our main shopping in Enniskillen and just top-ups in SuperValu in Bundoran or the Spar in Ballyshannon. Aside from anything else, as we are usually over for holidays, much alcohol is consumed and the prices in the Republic are criminal!

Oh and I can confirm that the Tesco in Enniskillen is very much like our local Tescos around Manchester (even similar layouts)  - except for having to check which tills you can and can't buy alcohol from and having the alcohol shelves in a fenced off area.

JBQFC

this is angry with a happy ending
i got a parcel delivered this morning by royal mail as he give it to me he points out another parcel tucked under a bush by the door from amazon
so i go on to they web site and find it was delivered and signed for on Friday well not signed for by me  :censored:
thankfully the contents a board game are ok
so i sent an angry Email off to Amazon complaining to they credit it only took them 29 minutes to reply with a lot of waffle about how they will look in to it this never happens very often etc etc but also giving me a £5 credit  :claphappy: 

Newportnobby

I ordered some vouchers for a clothing store for my sister and Mum for Christmas and they were sent 'signed for' to me. As I was not in when the postie delivered them he just shoved them through the letter box and, I have to assume, just made his own signature for them :unimpressed:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: newportnobby on November 21, 2017, 09:14:07 PM
I ordered some vouchers for a clothing store for my sister and Mum for Christmas and they were sent 'signed for' to me. As I was not in when the postie delivered them he just shoved them through the letter box and, I have to assume, just made his own signature for them :unimpressed:

Best one we had were 4x Mini (Rover) tyres which were "signed for" by Mrs Skyline.

Well the bloke who (to his credit) brought them round from the road next to ours, having patiently explained that they JUST missed his Koi pond after being slung over his gate, disagreed.

A complaint was lodged with currier and they came back saying the driver "accidentally" signed in the recipient box.... :no:

Skyline2uk 

The Q

I am the only one in this department who can earn overtime, which tells you how lowly I am...

Just over a year ago it was decreed by a manager in another country, that everyone in this department would have, a certain project on their objectives.
This year that manager has decreed no one will get more than 85% on that project as it is not yet complete....

I have yet to do anything with this project, as I only get to test it when it is complete..

So my annual pay rise, as little as it is, will be less than average, because of something  I have had nothing to do with...

RailGooner

I feel the anger with you Q. My employers have made a pay recommendation of 1%, which after inflation will amount to a pay cut of 3%. That on top of the 23.6% real-terms fall in my wages since 2008. And they want to cut my pension too.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations