More thieving to report....

Started by Skyline2uk, February 23, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Hello all,

I came across this link on the N gauge Facebook group. As some of you may know, I am a member of a similar railway (7 1/4 inch, but same principle)....So I hope very much the owner can be re-united with his lovely loco...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152290018848000&set=gm.10151991669328437&type=1

Skyline2uk

scotsoft

That is so sad to read, I hope the stolen items are found and returned.
If they catch the culprits I would put money on them getting a slapped wrist which is no justice at all.

John.

lil chris

Someone broke into my local model shop, the loco shed in whitefield/north manchester a few weeks ago. They were caught by the police and the hidden cam in the shop. Also a local hardware shop put cam footage on Facebook of some tea-leaf pocketing items from his hardwear shop,I went in again the other day apparently he give himself up....nice to see them being caught.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Agrippa

A friend of mine has a house in an isolated semi rural area. He also has a huge  dog, and came home with his wife to find a patio door forced open and the room full of feathers. After reporting it to the police he learned that they had arrested a local man found with dog bites and wearing a shredded down jacket.

Nothing was stolen , but the damage to the door was expensive. No charges were brought against the miscreant who claimed he was drunk at the time.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

scotsoft

Quote from: Agrippa on March 01, 2014, 07:09:42 PM
Nothing was stolen , but the damage to the door was expensive. No charges were brought against the miscreant who claimed he was drunk at the time.

That does not make sense to me, so what if he was drunk, he still knew what he was doing and who is going to pay for the damage  :veryangry:

cheers John.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: scotsoft on March 01, 2014, 07:14:55 PM
That does not make sense to me, so what if he was drunk, he still knew what he was doing and who is going to pay for the damage  :veryangry:

cheers John.

The damage to the door would be a civil matter (small claims). The state punishes people, the civil legal system moves money around to compensate for harm caused.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Agrippa

AFAIK the guy was on benefits or a local junkie so little prospects of any worthwhile claim.
My friend is a businessman who would pursue any debt but in this case he just had to bite the bullet.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

DesertHound

Scumbags, the lot of 'em. Benefits for these people? I can think of a benefit, you'll find it behind bars!

Absolute pond life - the lot of 'em!
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

PaulCheffus

Hi

I'm surprised the person who broke in didn't sue them for damages to his jacket, etc. Thats the usual way these sort of things seem to go.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

DesertHound

Like that one Paul. Said burglar makes himself a cup of tea during his "half time break" and slips on the milk he spilt. Then it's YOUR fault.

I think you should be allowed to shoot 'em!
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

steve836

I recon C.P.S. stands for Criminal Protection Service!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Greybeema

They changed the law in Ireland so that you can use "Reasonable Force" to defend your property if broken into.  That why I have both a baseball bat and my 1875 Cavalry Sabre under the bed.  I'll define "Reasonable" after the event...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

steve836

Quote from: DesertHound on June 23, 2014, 03:38:06 PM
Scumbags, the lot of 'em. Benefits for these people? I can think of a benefit, you'll find it behind bars!

That's a highly slanderous statement! It's just as well pond life can't afford lawyers! :laugh:
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

oscar

Quote from: steve836 on July 23, 2014, 09:58:27 AM
I recon C.P.S. stands for Criminal Protection Service!

Couldn't Prosecute Satan..........

DesertHound

Quote from: steve836 on July 24, 2014, 04:15:59 PM
Quote from: DesertHound on June 23, 2014, 03:38:06 PM

That's a highly slanderous statement! It's just as well pond life can't afford lawyers! :laugh:

My humblest of apologies to pond life Steve  ;D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations