How to bridge my laptop

Started by fatso, March 01, 2015, 12:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatso

Hi using a wireless laptop and broadband bt  have lenz dcc liusb 23151 computer interface am I better off bridging my system so only lenz get used any help as always welcome thank you. mike
Always looking on the bright side of life

red_death

Mike

What are you trying to with it? Set up a wireless network? If so I would just the existing network from your BT hub.

Cheers, Mike

fatso

Quote from: red_death on March 01, 2015, 01:02:31 PM
Mike

What are you trying to with it? Set up a wireless network? If so I would just the existing network from your BT hub.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Mike I have touchcab  version 1.8.3  and I need to set up ip address but need it hard wired I think  its driving insane LOL

Geoff

Geoff

fatso

TouchCab and TouchCab Free

I can not connect to the Lenz 23151 Interface

Check that the interface is connected to the command station and the red LED is lit.

Make sure that all your devices are on the same network:
The 23151 interface ships with a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.200. If your network is not using the same IP range, no connection can be made. You must adjust your network settings or - probably more convenient - the settings of the 23151 interface.
To change the IP settings of the 23151 interface, follow these steps:
1.Connect the 23151 interface directly to your PC using an ethernet cable.
2.Take a note of your current settings and change the IP address of your PC to 192.168.0.X, where X is anything but 200. The subnet mask must be 255.255.255.0
3.Type the address 192.168.0.200 in your web browser.
4.When the interface web page shows, change the IP address of the interface to your preferred value. If there is a DHCP router on your network (typically the wireless router or a broadband router), simply enable DHCP. This will cause the interface to retrieve an IP address automatically.
5.Save the settings in the interface.
6.Restore your original settings in the PC. You do not need the PC for TouchCab to work.
7.If TouchCab is running in the background of your iDevice, remove it. Double-click the home button and remove the TouchCab icon.
8.Connect as shown on the Connecting page. Make sure that your iDevice is connected to the wireless router.
9.When you launch TouchCab, it should find and connect to the interface automatically.

All the above beats hell out me at present but hope I might get a few pointers on here

fatso

PS I had the touchcab 1.7 version going but it died today cant get the same version only the new one

Geoff

Normally the BT broadband ip Address is 192.168.1.*

So you need to change your lenz over from 192.168.0.200 to 192.168.1.200

The instructions look straight forward to me how to change it what part of the instructions can you not get your head round.
Geoff

fatso

Hi I am running many things on my net work 3 computer 1 global cashe  inter unit bt vision box apple tv box ipod hub ip address 192.168.1.254 have all my ip address I can post if it helps

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations