Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: angr607 on December 19, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

Latest Arrival, a Dapol Schools Class namely the Dapol Club special edition. When it arrived, one of its tender connections had snapped so off went a e-mail to Dapol. Only after sending said e-mail, did I discover the spares included with the model. DOH  :doh:

Fortunately, a quick job with the screw driver later along with a very quick sorry to Dapol and I now have a beautiful looking loco which is getting steadily better running Schools class. Very happy  :D

Cheers,

Jon
I acquired one of those when it first came out and very nice it is too. A grand complement to my Repton.
Enjoy....
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

angr607

Not exactly brought, but for Christmas...........

A lovely little Dapol Terrier which works beautifully and a Farish PLV. Not a bad little haul.

Cheers,

Jon

GeeBee

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 15, 2016, 08:26:15 PM
I wonder where I am when all these bargains are available ?
Bob
Bob I have got some of those going spare email me and perhaps we can work some thing out.
Graham

bluedepot

oreamnos

I got a couple of good bargains earlier this month at the Hatton's pre-owned site:
1.) Warship Class "Magpie."  Had been split from a set and (as advertised) the DCC chip was replaced with a blanking plug but since I run analog that was fine.   In perfect shape and runs great.  £76.
http://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail.aspx?SID=241741

2.) N Class with late crest.  Absolutely like new.  The coal load had been re-installed backwards by the previous owner so I popped it out and put it right way around - no big deal.  It's a lovely runner.  £85.
http://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail.aspx?SID=241743

The Hattons pre-owned stuff is mostly a mixed bag, but every now and then you really can find a good deal.

Matt

leachsprite4

matt, great find with the n class, I've been watching out fir a second one if these as they are great locos.
Graham

Chris Morris

Quote from: Chris Morris on December 15, 2016, 09:21:30 AM
I bought  a new weathered maroon Western a few days ago. She is currently going through a bit of a change.

She will look Champion when she is finished !
Finally finished repaint. Not the greatest work but this is my first attempt at anything like this in N gauge. It's nice to have something which is quite rare.

I now have a small collection of Westerns from the 1960s

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Chris Morris

Quote from: Only Me on January 03, 2017, 10:31:28 PM
I like that Chris, what colour is it youve used? I re did western champion to Golden Ochre a while back
Yes that is golden ochre from Precision paints or Stroudley's improved engine green if you prefer.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Chris Morris on January 03, 2017, 10:38:21 PM
Quote from: Only Me on January 03, 2017, 10:31:28 PM
I like that Chris, what colour is it youve used? I re did western champion to Golden Ochre a while back
Yes that is golden ochre from Precision paints or Stroudley's improved engine green if you prefer.

A very nice job, I think I saw it at Bath Spa in that colour in 1964. Either that or my parents had slipped me some pills to help me in our move from Steam ruled Weymouth to the land of the Hydraulics (Chippenham).

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

railsquid

Amazing what you find in a basement 2nd hand shop in the middle of Tokyo

Graham Farish Class 46 (46053) by Rail Squid, on Flickr
Got a decent discount on the already low price due to the split gear(s)...

paulprice

Quote from: railsquid on January 13, 2017, 12:44:21 AM

Lucky chap

grumbeast

Quote from: paulprice on January 13, 2017, 09:08:32 AM
Quote from: railsquid on January 13, 2017, 12:44:21 AM

Good find!! gotta love Peaks. My wife once found me a minitrix crocodile in the bottom of a display cabinet in a watch repair shop in saskatoon..

G
Lucky chap

Invicta Alec

Ok chaps here it is in the flesh - my very first ever N gauge model. Arrived a day or two ago.

One very beautiful Class 411 4 CEP EMU.  :heart2: I got just a basic oval of track to watch her go round and round. I can confirm it doesn't much like Peco first radius curves. My first layout is at the planning stage, but I'm off to a model railway exhibition this Sunday in Canterbury, hopefully to pick up some tips.

Alec.

You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

port perran

Not my era by any means but it does look good.
Have fun watching it go round........obvious I know but can you upgrade those 1st radius curves or is space an issue ?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

georgehgv

Quote from: angr607 on December 19, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

Latest Arrival, a Dapol Schools Class namely the Dapol Club special edition. When it arrived, one of its tender connections had snapped so off went a e-mail to Dapol. Only after sending said e-mail, did I discover the spares included with the model. DOH  :doh:

Fortunately, a quick job with the screw driver later along with a very quick sorry to Dapol and I now have a beautiful looking loco which is getting steadily better running Schools class. Very happy  :D

Cheers,

Jon

Exactly the same thing happened with my replacement Flying Scotsman. The car dan shaft was detached along with the loco to tender pickup link broken. I never knew that they sent out a diy fix it kit in the bag of bits, just wish they engineered the thing to be strong enough to travel. I thought I was buying RTR.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations