Help needed re steam loco

Started by 1936ace, August 07, 2012, 03:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all, a mate from work just came back from USA and bought back some n scale items he thought I might like. I bought them off him for a bargain and as don't US outline I will give them to my mum who has heaps of US locos and rolling stock.
The loco is by Revell/Rapido n gauge Microtrains with the following other info on the box N-2391 Steam Locomotive and Tender Santa Fe Pacific Type. Made in West Germany. He was told it "blows smoke" but I'm not sure. It is an old loco and it actually runs really well.

So does anyone know if it does actually blow smoke?

Thanks in advance
Bart

longbridge

I just turned the web upside down looking for your loco, found a few for sale but no mention of smoke, maybe one of the other lads can help you.

I can think of other ways to make smoke but I don't think I will mention it here  :angel:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

1936ace

Thanks Dave, I think maybe my mate was told a bit of a "story" re it smoking. Im not real worried nor was mum she was happy it runs nice,light up front and the price was right.
Thanks for looking
Bart

zwilnik

Is there a metal tube in the chimney? If so, it's possible it has a smoke generator.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations