Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris, Webbo, Nebnoswal and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Roy L S

Quote from: EtchedPixels on June 30, 2012, 02:47:18 PM
Black 5 looks really old as it has tender pickups, which is always a sign of the older better (well until the new Bachmann edition) model.

Yes, the Black Five probably dates from the early to mid 80's.

The very first ones (It was released about 1978) did not have tender pickups either and also had a much simpler tender underframe with pinpoint tender axle bearings if I recall correctly.

Interestingly it looks like someone has replaced the tender crest on this loco. Farish's 44911 came with a Late Crest.

Roy

longbridge

Picked up a nice little bit of gear yesterday, Dapol 14xx and Autocoach, fantastic little runner that wouldn't pull your hat off but pulls the coach perfectly  :thumbsup:

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

Looks great! All it has to do is pull that one coach anyway. Green diesels.... don't forget the diesel in the great train robbery was green, so you can see 'em, even in the dark!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

longbridge

Got a couple of nice little locos today, the Class 04 is brand new and the Class 20 is second hand, both great little runners.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

swisstony

No Pictures I'm afraid, but spent some time with my file last night and converted both my GWR Brunswick Green Railcars to DCC, very very happy, the speed control is perfect and they look great travelling the branch to Overthorpe :)

dodger

Quote from: oldrailbug on October 12, 2012, 11:01:58 AM
Got a couple of nice little locos today, the Class 04 is brand new and the Class 20 is second hand, both great little runners.

Ah! good old D2290 one of the Guildford twins that spent alot of time at Reading Southern Yard in the early 1960's.

Dodger

Bealman

Love the 04, Dave! I had have an old Class 20 which is now defunct due to excessive exhibition running during the Nineties.

Swisstony, I too am a great fan of green DMUs. I had three sets of them doing service on my layout when it was fully operational. They could often be seen pulling a van or a milk tank. Would like to see a pic of your WR railcar!

George

Sprintex

Quote from: swisstony on October 12, 2012, 11:08:54 AM
No Pictures I'm afraid, but spent some time with my file last night and converted both my GWR Brunswick Green Railcars to DCC, very very happy, the speed control is perfect and they look great travelling the branch to Overthorpe :)

Welcome to the dark side  >:D

Paul

swisstony

Quote from: bealman on October 13, 2012, 10:26:00 PM

Swisstony, I too am a great fan of green DMUs. I had three sets of them doing service on my layout when it was fully operational. They could often be seen pulling a van or a milk tank. Would like to see a pic of your WR railcar!

George

Hope you like George!!!

Bealman

:thumbsup: Love it! Got a wagon on the back too. Great stuff.

Thanks for that! George

longbridge

My intentions were to run diesel only on my layouts but that all ended today.

A family member from interstate came to visit us today and gave me a belated Birthday present and an early Christmas present in the form of a 94xx and Black 5 steam loco.

I was very surprised and happy to get these yesterday and will enjoy seeing them run around my layouts.

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Malc

Nice set Dave. You lucky so and so. When my family members arrive on the doorstep it's to scrounge a free meal or cheap lodgings when they go to see a band or an exhibition at the NEC  :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

OwL

Nice little engines Dave.

I have the Farish Black 5 and the dapol 14xx. Both tidy little runners. You will have many hours of fun with them.
:greatpicturessign:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

upnick

You  know you always wanted to run  steamers on the layout Dave    :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: i  have the black 5   beautiful  loco,   at the moment on the bench   awaiting  a  decoder fitting   ;)

Donkey

Lovely presents Dave! I love mixing steam and diesel on my layout. Pictures of them on your layout when you get chance please  :)

Marty

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations