railcar

Started by wwds, August 21, 2018, 07:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwds

has anyone got the farish gwr railcar i do and i have installed the lenz mini, now full dcc such a nice litte model, and i saw the eal thing in york railway museum

Caz

If you use the "Search" function on the menu bar and type in "GWR Railcar" you'll see lots of info that may be of use.  I currently have one awaiting fitting of decoder etc, once the weather has cooled down here I'll get the "round2it" out of the cupboard.  ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

koyli55002

I believe the "new" version still needs to be hard wired but has an aperture for the decoder to sit in (rather than my version which sits in a cutout in the roof ) ?

Caz

The aperture is very small and will only take a small non sound decoder and yes, it's still hard wire.  To fit sound you need to mill or cut the chassis, mine's all done ready to go, started to fit the working lights but it got too hot here to continue, will finish it once the cooler September is here.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Paul-H

It has to be said though given it's a new model, it's very basic for the high price, no dcc socket, no lights, no PCB, given how simple it is and it's lack of features and fine detail it should be at a lower price. Its basically the same model they used to sell for £40 a few years ago only now they ask nearly £100.

Only saving grace is it's now easier to convert to DCC with no chassis milling needed. But it will only take something like a Lenz Silver Mini or Gaugemaster dcc23 without more work and milling of the chassis, they could have made the location much bigger to allow more choice for decoder fitting, especially given it's lack of lighting so would not need an expensive decoder with loads of functions.
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations