a question on brexit

Started by guest311, June 25, 2018, 09:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

when, finally, the politicians get their act together and sort this out, will we finally be able to ditch our 'continental' quilts and get proper bedding back ?

question being prompted by the usual struggle with duvets and duvet covers ...

proper bedding, ie sheets, blankets etc,
hospital corners,
and the old coin bounced on the top blanket to prove properly made, no problems !

SWMBO hated me doing hospital corners  : >:D

but duvets  :veryangry:

if to hot with proper bedding, take a blanket off, with duvets ...
open wardrobe,
select lower TOG duvet,
remove cover  >:(
replce on new, cooler, duvet  :veryangry:

by now too wound up to get back to sleep  :censored:

and how on earth do you make a bed pack with a b****y duvet.

Dorsetmike

Get 2 lightweight duvets, use both in winter, remove one or turn it way down if/when it warms up
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

themadhippy

And will continental breakfasts be outlawed? nothing worse than wandering into the dinning room  of the hotel expecting a nice greasy fry up only to find a croissant,an egg cup full of orange juice and  half a thimbles worth   of coffee being palmed off as the all inclusive breakfast.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

yes indeed, breakfast should set you up for the day....

cereal

orange juice

sausage / bacon / egg / tomatoes / fried bread

toast & marmalade

and gallons of tea or coffee !

no wonder we had to sort out those continentals problems in two world wars  :P

emjaybee

Quote from: themadhippy on June 25, 2018, 10:04:24 PM
And will continental breakfasts be outlawed? nothing worse than wandering into the dinning room  of the hotel expecting a nice greasy fry up only to find a croissant,an egg cup full of orange juice and  half a thimbles worth   of coffee being palmed off as the all inclusive breakfast.

Amen brother.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Snowwolflair

Being of Pict heritage my sadness is that we wont be able to deport the Saxons and Normans  :D

Railwaygun

Quote from: Snowwolflair on June 25, 2018, 11:42:39 PM
Being of Pict heritage my sadness is that we wont be able to deport the Saxons and Normans  :D

Bring back woad! True blue brits!,
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

weave

Careful, remember who your neighbours are  ;)

weave

Quote from: Railwaygun on June 26, 2018, 06:08:19 AM

Bring back woad! True blue brits!,

Shouldn't that be Bwing back woad. Jonathan Ross having trouble getting out of his driveway.

Sorry, already got me coat.

emjaybee

They've already said we can't Pict and choose.

:smackedface:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Chris Morris

Quote from: themadhippy on June 25, 2018, 10:04:24 PM

I'm very happy with continental breakfasts. One hotel I use in Spain even has a few bottles of wine on the breakfast bar. Very commendable.

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Paul-H

Just over 50% voted to get out of the EEC they wanted to pull up the drawbridge, flood the tunnel and mine the beaches, with not one mention of getting a good deal, yet here we are  2 years later and the corrupt politicians are still trying to get a deal that the majority didn't want.

Shows how much money they make from the membership that they are trying so hard to keep us in through the back door.

Remember it is said the Guy Fawkes is the only man, from that day to this, to enter the houses of parliament with honest and nobal intensions.

Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

weave

Don't know much about politics so wont comment but, Chris Morris, churros washed down with cava for breakfast - fantastic!

Cheers weave  :beers:

Tank

Quote from: Paul-H on June 26, 2018, 08:48:50 AM
Remember it is said the Guy Fawkes is the only man, from that day to this, to enter the houses of parliament with honest and nobal intensions.

I'm not sure that murdering people is honest or nobel.....despite us getting frustrated with MP's! ;)

In any case, the majority of Great Britain voted out of the EU and this forum isn't the place for politics.  This thread will quickly turn into a big fight!

:locked:  Locked I'm afraid.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations