Back after a 15 year break

Started by Buster88, April 11, 2018, 12:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster88

:ngauge: Hi all, after being forced to pack my railway stuff from my old loft and move and spending time putting trains on a shelf and imagining them on a layout I've decided to build another layout! I'm very restricted on space now so will have use a to 6x2 board. I can't budge on this but a peco 2nd Radius curve will cope, just! My plan is a single track into a terminus in early 90's NSE. I have a track plan in mind which is basically 1 track into 3 platforms, going out into 2 carriage siddings. I do need an excuse for a little bit of freight without it looking too "manufactured" maybe an oil terminal for boats/planes or a civil engineers yard but I think my lack of space could make it to unrealistic.
Next problem🤦🏼‍♂️.
I have done some fairly successful class 108s into NSE livery using Electra railway graphics vynals however replacing my terrible 4-VEP seems very tricky. I'm okay with motorising and vinayls but without TPM where do I get the cab ends?
Too much to ask at once? Probably
Oh matching peco points with bullhead rail? Save that for another time 🤦🏼‍♂️

Ditape

:sorrysign: Can not help with emu ends, but wish you luck with your new layout, I will look forward to seeing your progress.
Diane Tape

Bealman

G'day from Australia, Buster, and welcome to the NGF!  :thumbsup:

Your terminus plan sounds interesting, and feasible in the space you have. Will the fiddle yard be on the same board?

Your NSE theme will certainly be a hit with the boss (Tank)!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

Welcome aboard.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

njee20

Finetrax is for you if you want decent bullhead track.

geoffc

Quote from: Buster88 on April 11, 2018, 12:53:12 AM
:ngauge: Hi all, after being forced to pack my railway stuff from my old loft and move and spending time putting trains on a shelf and imagining them on a layout I've decided to build another layout! I'm very restricted on space now so will have use a to 6x2 board. I can't budge on this but a peco 2nd Radius curve will cope, just! My plan is a single track into a terminus in early 90's NSE. I have a track plan in mind which is basically 1 track into 3 platforms, going out into 2 carriage siddings. I do need an excuse for a little bit of freight without it looking too "manufactured" maybe an oil terminal for boats/planes or a civil engineers yard but I think my lack of space could make it to unrealistic.
Next problem🤦🏼‍♂️.
I have done some fairly successful class 108s into NSE livery using Electra railway graphics vynals however replacing my terrible 4-VEP seems very tricky. I'm okay with motorising and vinayls but without TPM where do I get the cab ends?
Too much to ask at once? Probably
Oh matching peco points with bullhead rail? Save that for another time 🤦🏼‍♂️

Try emailing Bernard at the email address on his web site, you may be lucky and get what you want.

Geoff

red_death

Try Bernard at TPM as he still has stock of some things, failing that BHE should be able to sort you out.

Cheers, Mike

Bob Tidbury

Wellcome back Geoffc , and its good that youve joined this Forum.its the best and friendliest with a lot of very good modelers in all aspects of the hobby.
Just to confirm that if you Email Ray at
bhengauge@googlemail.com   he will be able to supply you  with the ends for a 4-VEP.
At the moment I dont think he can supply the full kits but he has got the cast ends .
Bob Tidbury

Buster88

Intercity

Welcome back to N gauge, and welcome to the forum, the folks here are great, always someone to help with any issues, next to no drama, the mods do very well keep the forum in order.

Like you I had a big break, when I came back I'd wished I hadn't stopped as there are now far too many things to buy, and things you can't buy anymore, keep us posted on your progress and have fun.

Buster88

Very True! The difference in quality is incredible too. Compare the dapol 33 with the old Farish one!

bluedepot

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations