!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Elvenhome  (Read 1921 times)

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
Re: Elvenhome
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 07:48:27 pm »
Excellent, I can't get enough of camera truck videos on Youtube :thumbsup:

Offline BoxTunnel

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 08:27:17 pm »
Great vid Stephen, what was the music?  Had a kind of Mark Knopfler thing there.

Graham, looking for his guitar.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

Offline Elvenhome

• N Gauge Society Number: 25842
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »
Great vid Stephen, what was the music?  Had a kind of Mark Knopfler thing there.

Graham, looking for his guitar.

The track is one of the music tracks available within YouTube that's free to use.  Its called Tupelo Train by Chris Haugen.

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 08:18:39 pm »
Started work on the scenery outside the church including the Vicar's garden and the workers cottage beyond, and an attempt at creating a strip of turf.  Oh and there are trains running too

https://youtu.be/YYJcmNRkZkU

Offline Biggy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25735
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 06:15:33 pm »
Hi Stephen. A belated welcome to the forum. I have just watched the 1st you tube vid of your vicarage construction it is good work.
Oh and re Newportnobby and bealman ....donít encourage them those puns were their best work  :D
Not sure its supposed to do that

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 07:48:41 pm »
Hi Stephen. A belated welcome to the forum. I have just watched the 1st you tube vid of your vicarage construction it is good work.
Oh and re Newportnobby and bealman ....donít encourage them those puns were their best work  :D

Thank you Biggy. I am pleased with the result and now that I am working on the garden is is going to get a setting worthy of the building, even if I shall probably end up needing new glasses given the smallness of one of the flower kits I am usiing. 

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 07:07:00 am »
Time for the April update showing the other things on which I have been working in addition to the scenic work around the station and vicarage. https://youtu.be/CnKVtKB-rkc

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 08:52:16 am »
Hi Elvenhome,

Another great video. Thank you.

With regard to the graveyard, I have thoughts but not sure.

I like the sort of randomness of the LHS so maybe a couple more to make it more random (older graves).

Then on the RHS, my brain is saying that they should be at 90 degrees to what they are to look better  :hmmm:. Also the far right hand corner looks too bare so maybe lift some graves so you don't have to make more and put an overgrown shrubbery area or more trees there?

Just some thoughts. You did ask  :D

Great stuff and looking forward to more.

Cheers weave  :beers:

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:53:33 am by weave »

Online Masher69

• N Gauge Society Number: 26763
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 09:33:14 am »
I would agree with weave. In our parish church the graves are randomly placed with quite a few vault types with a lot of trees around and slightly overgrown in places. Just my own thoughts. It is coming along nicely. Not sure if the buildings have been fixed down but if they are are I don't envy you laying down the ballast for the track to the back. Good luck and look forward to seeing how progress. Cheers

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2018, 09:46:45 am »
Hi Elvenhome,

Another great video. Thank you.

With regard to the graveyard, I have thoughts but not sure.

I like the sort of randomness of the LHS so maybe a couple more to make it more random (older graves).

Then on the RHS, my brain is saying that they should be at 90 degrees to what they are to look better  :hmmm:. Also the far right hand corner looks too bare so maybe lift some graves so you don't have to make more and put an overgrown shrubbery area or more trees there?

Just some thoughts. You did ask  :D

Great stuff and looking forward to more.

Thanks very much weave.  I've had some useful comment on the video.  two ideas I really like are a few family tombs and some benches, and possibly a compost bin or two.  I think those additions may work well.  As to the orientation of the graves, I had an interesting exchange in a Facebook group on that.  The consensus was that they needed to face East (so we are actually seeing the back of the graves).   I may be daring with the tombs and face them North/South to break up the regimentation.

Regards

Elvenhome

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2018, 09:52:09 am »
I would agree with weave. In our parish church the graves are randomly placed with quite a few vault types with a lot of trees around and slightly overgrown in places. Just my own thoughts. It is coming along nicely. Not sure if the buildings have been fixed down but if they are are I don't envy you laying down the ballast for the track to the back. Good luck and look forward to seeing how progress. Cheers

Thanks Masher69.  You may have seen by my reply to weave, that orientation of graves turned out to be  touchy subject when I broached it in a Facebook Group.  My local graveyards have graves facing all points of the compass but apparently Scotland didn't worry about orientation in the way that the English churches supposedly did.  If you are in Northumbria maybe the southern fixation with East didn't reach you either.  None of the buildings other than the church are fixed down because I need to ballast at some point - not something I have done before so a practice on some spare set track that I have is going to be done first.

Regards

Elvenhome

Online Masher69

• N Gauge Society Number: 26763
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2018, 10:17:42 am »
Yes. Down in Berwick the gravestones are I think mostly east but they are quite random. A lot were recently taken away as they had fallen and broken. Good  to hear that the buildings are not fixed down yet. You have a lot of ballasting to do!!!

PS The man who invented the crossword is buried in Berwick Parish Church graveyard. You go through the gates and his headstone is 5 down and 6 across!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:10:21 am by Masher69 »

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 10:31:31 am »
Hi again,

Forgot to say that you could add those large slab graves which should be easier to make and fit.

Benches and flower bins, as you mentioned, are a good idea. The one I go to  :( also has raised taps encased in wood (prob sleeper width size) and lots of watering cans but they're probably too tiny?

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2018, 10:59:40 am »
Hi again,

Forgot to say that you could add those large slab graves which should be easier to make and fit.

Benches and flower bins, as you mentioned, are a good idea. The one I go to  :( also has raised taps encased in wood (prob sleeper width size) and lots of watering cans but they're probably too tiny?

I like the slab idea, possibly with a raised fender around it.  I like the taps idea also  something else for the list of things to be built.  It also struck me that a couple of more trees on that side would take up quite a bit of space and break up the serried ranks and balance the look better without adding too much more. 

Offline Elvenhome

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 04:30:19 pm »
In this video, which is one of a two part series, I start the detailed scenic work on the garden of the vicarage including building two Busch kits of dahlias and roses - only I didn't realise they were kits when I bought them. https://youtu.be/UEBakEBCo1g

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here