Dapol Class 66 Body Shell

Started by RonDB, March 03, 2018, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonDB

Hi

Does anyone know where I could get a Dapol class 66 body shell from.
Any will do, after a small accident cracked the shell of one of my class 66's.
Checked all of the normal places DCC supplies, Ebay ect.
It would need to be one of the latest type not one of the old ones with the cooper strips.

Ron

Jonas

If DCC supplies can't help, maybe buying a dummy and swapping the shells would work. You'll probably lose the lighting though.

jacowin80

Quote from: RonDB on March 03, 2018, 06:46:05 PM
Hi

Does anyone know where I could get a Dapol class 66 body shell from.
Any will do, after a small accident cracked the shell of one of my class 66's.
Checked all of the normal places DCC supplies, Ebay ect.
It would need to be one of the latest type not one of the old ones with the cooper strips.

Ron

I'm sure that there is a 66 DB schenker on ebay uk at the moment.  I have it on my watch list.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-Class-66-152-Body-only-DB-Schenker-N-Gauge-Scale-Brand-NEW/253449351896?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Hope this is helpfull.
James.

njee20

That's Farish sadly, won't fit.

jacowin80

Quote from: njee20 on March 03, 2018, 07:54:08 PM
That's Farish sadly, won't fit.
sorry, my fault for skimming through the reading, just noticed class 66 and thought I know where 1 is.  I have to say I have never come across a dapol shell before, maybe best keeping an eye out for non runners going cheap. 

GWR-Kris

As said above DCC Supplies is your best chance. Last time I was there prob 2months ago they had some.

https://www.dccsupplies.com

geoffc

I have a perfectly good Freightliner shell in my spares box. This is off a dummy so it has light tubes in it but no pcb board in the roof, therefore as it stands it will not have lights. I assume all Dapol 66 shells are interchangable despite the roof pcb board wiring differences. No doubt if I am wrong on that I will corrected by another poster.

Geoff

koyli55002

Lighting PCB's showing "in stock" on DCC Supplies website.

potts

RonDB

Thanks for all the comments.
A strange thing happened today I was dragged along to a craft fair this morning and on a stall selling a load of misc stuff was a EWS body shell for 50p. Its an old type so I can't have lights. But ha its put the loco back in service.
I have seen the PCB from DCC suppiles it can be a bit of job soldering all the lights wires on to it.
Do the EWS or Freighter shells have lights in them
I have attached a photo showing the lights in the newer body shells.

Ron

geoffc

Quote from: RonDB on March 04, 2018, 04:59:26 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
A strange thing happened today I was dragged along to a craft fair this morning and on a stall selling a load of misc stuff was a EWS body shell for 50p. Its an old type so I can't have lights. But ha its put the loco back in service.
I have seen the PCB from DCC suppiles it can be a bit of job soldering all the lights wires on to it.
Do the EWS or Freighter shells have lights in them
I have attached a photo showing the lights in the newer body shells.

Ron
When you say its an old type I assume the pcb board in the roof has wipers in it. Have you tried putting power to these wipers and seeing if the lights work. If so you could connect these wipers with some decoder wire to the pickups on your loco assuming you are on DC.
If not could you remove the roof pcb board and lights from the damaged one and fit them into the new shell.

Geoff

RonDB

Thanks Geoff
I may have a go at your suggestion.

Ron

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%