Parkwood diagram 051

Started by exmouthcraig, January 31, 2018, 08:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

:helpneededsign:

Following on from the wealth of information given to me on a topic relating to China clay wagons Karhedron informed us that the Parkwood kit 051 was a good simple match to a 9' clay wagon.

Now I know the society acquired the kits from parkwood but am I going mad and missing them but I'm struggling to find them.

Any ideas?

Many thanks Craig

tunneroner61

Craig,

to the best of my knowledge the NGS haven't reissued the Parkwood china clay wagon, so no you are not going mad.

Perhaps a question to their Wagon Project Officer would elicit a reply concerning the possible reissue.

Norman

exmouthcraig

Well I finally got half hour down time in the rain to catch up on here. Thanks for the reply.

A message to the NGS will be fired off this weekend and I will inform of my response just in case anyone else is after the same information.

Looks like the diag 031 might be worth a punt to see what there like.

Has anyone built them to advise of any action that can help improve them in any way or are the magnificent straight from the box?

Thanks Craig

Karhedron

Here is a 3D printed option although you will need to mount them on Peco 9' WB steel wagon chassis. I have not tried them myself so I make no claim for the finished product.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6TQ95DXSU/2x-2mm-scale-gwr-china-clay-wagon-bodies?optionId=57344267&li=marketplace
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations