!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Warley Club new project - Hawes Junction  (Read 2198 times)

Online Chris Morris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
Re: Warley Club new project - Hawes Junction
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2018, 11:01:41 pm »
Iíve seen something Iíve never seen before today. On Hawes Junction we have a lot of servos for the points. These need careful adjustment. Sometimes we can hear one servo buzzing which means it needs a small electronic adjustment. The adjusting is easy but working out which one is buzzing when they are so close together is very difficult. The solution today was to listen to each one with a stethoscope.....

It didnít work because I was ROFLMAO and the servos couldnít be heard.

Offline Jeremy Edwards

• N Gauge Society Number: 26830
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2018, 07:07:20 am »
Platform construction has started.  The walls are currently tacked onto a former with a temporary piece joining them (photo taken before this stage). With more temporary links they will be offered up in situ before construction continues.  I think the narrow platform is a bit too straight as the main line has a very, very slight curve to it. It is also going to be about 3mm wider to help to accommodate the station building.

Offline DaveGlew

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2018, 11:53:45 am »
Are these the Metcalfe platforms? How do you find them to use?
If it looks right, it probably is right.

Offline Jeremy Edwards

• N Gauge Society Number: 26830
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2018, 01:18:49 pm »
All building work on the layout is scratch built in plastic or made from modified plastic kits.  The platforms will be made from Peco Stone platform edging with a plasticard top and bracing.  The walls have been cut to length and joined together and are sitting on templates made from card and foamboard.  When I have checked alignment again I will complete them with plasticard sheet.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here