My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Need to see the bus, need to see the bus................................neeedddd...........zzzzzzz  zzzzzz zzzzz   zz  z
Dave

Bad Raven

PS, we brought a bus engine back from Aus.  But then it was from 1919.
Dave

Mito

Quote from: Bad Raven on January 02, 2018, 04:01:33 PM
PS, we brought a bus engine back from Aus.  But then it was from 1919.

Perhaps that's why we never see a bus at the bus stop. They've run out of engines. :doh:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Bealman

No bus, but did get a rainbow last night

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi,

Don't worry I hear your bus is on it's way  :D....

http://vibeghana.com/wp-content/uploads/bus.jpg

I want to take a photo of my local bus stop to join in but I would have to use my wife's phone and I still haven't worked out how to ask her without a similar bus turning up for me or just coming back to a Dear John letter.

Great stuff,

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

Sometimes getting the courtesy bus home from the club is, I suspect, similar to travelling on the bus in your picture - especially the late night one!  :beers:

bluedepot

reading this at 1.37am

would your bus fit on a tomix or faller moving bus chassis?  maybe someone can 3d print a body to fit it or something.

no moving bat system commercially available though yet

Tim

javlinfaw7

A local preservation group brought a bus back from Australia

Bealman

Awesome! An old Sydney bus! Believe it or not, they were still running when I arrived here in 1974!!

The buses are a bit more modern these days (well, some of 'em)  :thumbsup:

javlinfaw7

The chassis and engine were built about 1/2 mile from where I am , the factory still produces lorry componants. My father learned to drive on the same model

Bealman

Preferred the look of the original Sydney livery, to be honest.....

Have the HIstoric Commercial Vehicle  Group still got their museum in Tempe?
Went there in 1992, when the above photo was taken, and they had an interesting selection of vehicles there, including a few (Adelaide?) trolleybuses.

Bealman

Another great photo!  :thumbsup:

Can't answer the question, unfortunately, but there is most certainly an active bus community here.....

I know because they were running preserved buses from Bankstown station to the major Sydney model railway exhibition at one point.

Maybe they still are.... haven't been recently  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Bealman on January 03, 2018, 07:17:07 AM
I know because they were running preserved buses from Bankstown station to the major Sydney model railway exhibition at one point.
Back in 1992, they ran a shuttle on sundays to the museum from Sydenham station. This was being worked by a Sydney AEC Regent III on the day we went.
At least the rules for running preserved buses in NSW seemed to be a bit more relaxed then than in Queensland. The Brisbane Tram Museum had an interesting selection of motorbuses there, but it wasn't practical to put any of them back on the road due to the strict regulations in force. I think they had to be restored to full PSV operating standards and taxed/licenced/operated accordingly. 

Bealman

Wow..  I certainly bow to an expert, 'cos I know very little about buses. Thank you!

But I like the fact that there are bus preservation organisations, as we have with locomotive preservation.

Cool!  :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations