!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Bexhill West to Crowhurst via Sidley  (Read 1668 times)

Offline colpatben

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27022
    • Awards
Re: Bexhill West to Crowhurst via Sidley
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 07:15:53 pm »
As Promised from reply above ‘Next up will be a wiring diagram’.

Firstly the track plan as it appears in RailMasterTM on a PC screen.

Kato supply all of the connectors to wire a complete layout using just the track Terminal Unijoiners No24-818 and the three way extension cords 24-827. The Track wiring is basically (Who said that) as below.

To break this down there are three sections;

Up line coloured RED.

Down Line coloured GREEN.

And Spur, or is it a Branch, coloured Orange.

Hopefully the construction team who do not need to know one end of a soldering iron from the other at least when it is not switched on should be able to wire up the layout.
We never have problems, only solutions!
My Layout Link
Colin

Offline colpatben

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 09:29:15 am »
What did I say in Reply #7 about the size?

Well it has transpired that to build the De La war Pavilion which is 400 ft long (800mm in ‘N’) the distance from the track to the beach front is insufficient so a two pronged solution has been agreed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_La_Warr_Pavilion

Decrease the scale of the building, and increase the baseboard dimension.

The baseboard has now been extended by 300mm (12inches) to the back and RH side.

We now have a baseboard 4.6M long * 2.1 deep (15ft by 7ft).

The track plan has been expanded and I must say it looks pretty good. The logistics of working in the centre of the layout will probably enlist some scaffolding and planks across it.

The track has to be raised 40mm above its current level to allow for the terrain to dip to the RH Beach area and the front army cam area on The Down which lies between the Spur line and the front of the layout. The viaduct drops into the well at the rear LH corner.

Whilst the construction team are progressing I have fitted the two M7s with Zimo MX616 decoders.

I have had them running on my layout and they run V well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:30:43 am by colpatben »
My Layout Link
Colin

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 12:44:09 pm »
The logistics of working in the centre of the layout will probably enlist some scaffolding and planks across it.

Rather you than me. I get vertigo standing on a pavement :sick2:

Offline Novice41

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 10:53:11 am »
It all looks very complicated to me. I'll just stand back until the backscene needs doing.

Offline colpatben

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 07:47:51 am »
Now to reveal the reason for this layout being constructed.

From the Bexhill Museum website.

http://www.bexhillmuseum.co.uk/bexhill-museum/bexhill-exhibitions-collections.html

Autumn 2018:

Model Railway Exhibition of Bexhill during WW II

An exciting new railway layout incorporating Bexhill's World War Two history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture the scene on a winter’s day in early years of the1940s. A large army camp on an area known locally as ‘The Down’, and sea defences along a sand bagged promenade.

The community hunkered down for yet another cold winter and a train running through to link this isolated seaside town with our Capital and beyond bringing in Troops and supplies for the forthcoming cold spell that has descended over Europe.

This then is why several local model enthusiasts who have varied skills in the modelling field have gathered together and are beavering away in the new gallery that has been allocated for this great exhibit showing what daily life would have been like in these sometimes Dark but often uplifting days.

Some, but not all of our modelling team are also members of the Bexhill Model Railway Club.

http://www.bexhillmrc.org.uk/

To be clear this is NOT a BMRC project, it is an individual effort supported by the Museums Patron Eddie Izzard who also donated the Izzard Family Layout to the Museum

http://www.bexhillmuseum.co.uk/the-technology-collection-6/izzard-family-model-railway-layout-1114.html

So that is the story so far and by returning to this Topic regularly you can keep up to date with the progress.
My Layout Link
Colin

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 05:30:23 pm »
 :hellosign: watching with interest as another Kato user, but that DCC looks very complicated although do like the look of the Hornby Elite.
     Many thanks for the background information, all good stuff
     regards Derek.

Offline GreyWolf

• N Gauge Society Number: 27321
  • Wolves are sociable, but may bite if irritated!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 08:57:11 pm »
This looks like it's going to be an epic layout ... duly bookmarked! And never knew that Eddie Izzard was the same age as me.  8)

Cheers  :beers:

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here