Annual Wishlist Poll

Started by ScottyStitch, October 10, 2016, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Snowwolflair on November 04, 2016, 04:28:39 PM
Quote from: crepello on November 04, 2016, 04:16:23 PM
Of these 2, I'd say the 8F would be the best option, as the Standard 4 could be thought of as not that different from the Standard 5.

Yes, the Farish 8F is long in the tooth and was not good at traction and Farish seem happy to upgrade and reissue.

My old 5 pole motor 8F will haul 35-40 Butterleys. Anything more and it would look silly on my layout so I haven't tried any more.

crepello

Of these 2, I'd say the 8F would be the best option, as the Standard 4 could be thought of as not that different from the Standard 5.

Yes, the Farish 8F is long in the tooth and was not good at traction and Farish seem happy to upgrade and reissue.

I think you'll find the 8F was dropped from the Farish catalogue a long time ago.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: newportnobby on November 04, 2016, 04:36:24 PM

My old 5 pole motor 8F will haul 35-40 Butterleys. Anything more and it would look silly on my layout so I haven't tried any more.

I get a lot of wheel slip, and I suspect its wheels with no wear and possibly the tender coupling is lifting the loco on track that is not perfectly flat.  I have seen a number of others with the same problems.  Worn wheels seem to improve the situation.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: crepello on November 04, 2016, 04:42:04 PM

I think you'll find the 8F was dropped from the Farish catalogue a long time ago.

That's why I think its ripe for a re-issue.

leachsprite4

Well I'm pleased king Arthur finally top of the wish list.  :bounce:
I agree with comments earlier though, just look at the level of voting compared to 00. I do wonder if our market is shrinking, or is suffering lack of available funds.
Graham

Snowwolflair

I think our average age is increasing and our eyesight is deteriorating.

When I speak to people at shows changing scale its always to a larger scale due to eyesight.

ODRAILS

Has there not been an N Gauge  wishlist since 2016 ?
RMWEB is not including N gauge in it's 2018 poll.
Should there be an N gauge  poll?
Ian

RailGooner

Quote from: ODRAILS on October 13, 2018, 12:12:20 AM
Has there not been an N Gauge  wishlist since 2016 ?
:jawdropping:

RMWEB is not including N gauge in it's 2018 poll.
:veryangry:

Should there be an N gauge  poll?
Ian
Heck yes! :thumbsup:

Dalek

I find navigating the RMweb forum a nightmare with no way that i can see of looking at just N Gauge related posts.
Is there a wey to do this?
Craig

Dorsetmike

Why don't we set up our own poll?

My vote for locos would be any Southern 4-6-0, King Arthur, Lord Nelson, H15, or S15 (the SR is the only grouping company with no N gauge 4-6-0 RTR --and only 2 dated kits)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

@Tank
Having run a couple of wishlist polls on this forum I'd be happy to run another one (it's been 5 years since the last one) but would appreciate some steers from the Admin Team as to how best to let everyone vote i.e. separate thread purely for votes only?
Previously we have had sections for 'Steam', 'Diesel', 'Electric Locos', 'DMUs' and 'EMUs' and folks have 5 votes to spread over their desired sections e.g. Dorset Mike might have 4 steam and 1 EMU.
For ease, I suggest DEMU's are placed in either the DMU or EMU section
Dependant on this being OK with the membership I'll draw up some basic rules and, once we have the results, send copies to the likes of Farish, Dapol and DJM.
It's worth bearing in mind voting for something really obscure will not help get something made so votes should really be for something with a chance of being popular enough to manufacture by mainstream manufacturers.

Thorpe Parva

Good idea. Class 28(COBO) & Unrebuilt Patriot are top of my list.

GrahamB

Excellent  :beers: Thanks.

I would offer to help but software/websites and me have a mutual misunderstandng  :dunce:
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Newportnobby

No help needed, Graham. :no:
Once the poll starts I'd just collect votings in an Excel spreadsheet.

njee20

Quote from: Dalek on October 13, 2018, 11:35:51 AM
I find navigating the RMweb forum a nightmare with no way that i can see of looking at just N Gauge related posts.
Is there a wey to do this?
Craig

No, except obvious sub-forums like the Farish one.

It is a shame they're not doing the N gauge one, but I wouldn't want to orchestrate it, so I understand why they aren't.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations