!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (37.1%)
No I wouldn't
74 (44.3%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 265381 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #2745 on: Yesterday at 11:20:55 am »
njee20, the way I'm reading this is that you never ordered one?

So why wade into it?

I've got two, but I don't think that's relevant. How many have you got? I can (and have said I repeatedly) empathise with those who are having issues, but like your post yesterday I'm suggesting cutting a bit of slack, and whilst processes may not be perfect they are what they are, and shouts of hanging Revolution will not resolve the issues. But like I said, I shall stop posting on the matter, as clearly it's all quite emotionally charged, and I seem to be able to whip certain people into a frenzy with no provocation, which clearly isn't helpful.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #2746 on: Yesterday at 11:26:24 am »
In business we would say to a supplier “do you undertake to resolve this issue in 30 days to everyone’s satisfaction”.  Failure to do so was dire.

I think Revolution as the vendor should give a similar undertaking and we should all shut up for these thirty days.

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #2747 on: Yesterday at 11:27:13 am »
Njee20: No, I didn't order one because it's way out of my modelling period.

I didn't realise you had bought the models.

Sorry!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:28:16 am by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2748 on: Yesterday at 12:27:14 pm »

I was thinking about P&P refunds whilst packing light bar screws last night when the blindingly obvious hit me that I can refund against the completed order. So I've done that.

My postage of the power car to Rapido Repairs has been refunded so thanks for that.

Further news of a replacement from anyone? Nope.

Offline alibuchan

• My page on shapeways
    • Awards
« Reply #2749 on: Yesterday at 12:44:27 pm »
@Newportnobby

perhaps this explains it.

Just to set the record straight, Yes i have the spares for the models but i DO NOT have spare sets. The spare chassis's that I had have already been used on repairs before yours arrived, all repairs and done in order of arrival. .

If Simon has already used up the initial supply of spare chassis' they will struggle to send one out to you. until rapido send some to him.

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #2750 on: Yesterday at 12:53:04 pm »
njee20, the way I'm reading this is that you never ordered one?

So why wade into it?

I've got two, but I don't think that's relevant. How many have you got? I can (and have said I repeatedly) empathise with those who are having issues, but like your post yesterday I'm suggesting cutting a bit of slack, and whilst processes may not be perfect they are what they are, and shouts of hanging Revolution will not resolve the issues. But like I said, I shall stop posting on the matter, as clearly it's all quite emotionally charged, and I seem to be able to whip certain people into a frenzy with no provocation, which clearly isn't helpful.

They had already had 4 months slack! 5 weeks slack since repair issues were last raised on this forum with very little done since.

Postage refunds are now happening because it was raised on this forum (two emails sent to Revolution in my case hadn't had any effect).

Personally I would like it all to be done in private, but when a retailer/manufacturer doesn't respond/communicate then customers have very little choice but to go public as has happened on this forum. It Revolution/Rapido had sorted things out in a timely manner, responded to customers when they said they would, pay refunds with out having to be badgered, fixed models when they said they would then all the negative posts on this forum wouldn't have happened.

Haven't seen anyone wanting Revolution hung, just working models (after all that's what was paid for) and hopefully will eventually happen

To add to this you then get other forum members who don't have problems with there models trying to stir things up because they seem to like having an argument

Your understanding of the word provocation is obviously different to mine.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #2751 on: Yesterday at 12:55:39 pm »
Incidentally the last lot of missing light bar screws went in the post today. 

We've had a couple of people ask about light bar screws recently under the impression none of the light bars were sent with screws - that isn't the case, it was only the first batch (of about 20 batches) that we sent out that didn't have screws.  The rest had the screws packed in little clear plastic bags either loose or later taped to one of the light bar packs.

Cheers, Mike

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #2752 on: Yesterday at 01:29:16 pm »
They had already had 4 months slack! 5 weeks slack since repair issues were last raised on this forum with very little done since.

Hi Lindi,

That's not right. One of your models has been fixed and I know that others have been sorted out too; though of course there are still some outstanding.

Personally I would like it all to be done in private, but when a retailer/manufacturer doesn't respond/communicate then customers have very little choice but to go public as has happened on this forum.

And certainly no one at Revolution is suggesting for a second that you should not speak out. 

I understand the frustration of those whose models have not been fixed, and we will try to give answers where we can - even if the reality may not always be what you want to hear. 

Even the negative posts are really helpful to us - we know we aren't perfect and this is a great learning process.

RevolutioN took on the crowdfunding aspect of the scheme when DJM first suggested the model and subsequently dumped DJM for Rapido as the latter were prepared to proceed with a lower (800) model limit - which was not met in the required time scale.

Hi Colin,

Your post had lots of good stuff in it, but the above isn't quite right.  We "dumped" DJM (not how I'd have phrased it!) for a number of reasons.  The lower target was just one. 

But you are absolutely right to remind everyone that the Kickstarter campaign failed and it was only because Rapido were prepared to show faith that the model happened at all - much to their credit!

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2753 on: Yesterday at 02:05:18 pm »
@Newportnobby

Just to set the record straight, Yes i have the spares for the models but i DO NOT have spare sets. The spare chassis's that I had have already been used on repairs before yours arrived, all repairs and done in order of arrival. .

If Simon has already used up the initial supply of spare chassis' they will struggle to send one out to you. until rapido send some to him.

@alibuchan

But is this what is happening with mine? We're back to the communications aspect again. If Simon is waiting for a chassis then all he had to was inform me. Lord knows I've been patient enough already. I don't believe this is the case as Simon supposedly sent me an e mail 19th June telling me he could not replicate my problem on Unitrack and would be testing on some other track the following week. I say Simon supposedly sent an e mail as it would seem he sent others that day which never reached their destination either.

@Ben A @red_death @rr@shmm
If RevolutioN/Rapido repairs are waiting for another chassis to replace the one I had please just tell me and give me an idea of when. At least it would get one complaint off your backs.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2754 on: Yesterday at 02:08:56 pm »
To help people cool off a little I'm locking this thread for 24 hours. 

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2755 on: Yesterday at 10:42:15 pm »
Hopefully you've now you all have had time to cool off a little so the thread is being reopened earlier than originally stated so those with genuine problems can hopefully get them sorted. 

This is an important thread in light of the problems some purchasers have encountered with their locos so unless you have a problem that needs sorting please refrain from posting and stirring up the mud again with personal attacks etc as that will get those with a problem absolutely nowhere. 

Just to reiterate, please leave this thread free to those that have a problem and the representatives of Revolution, Rapido and their accredited agents.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Offline rr@shmm

• Awards
« Reply #2756 on: Yesterday at 11:15:49 pm »
@Newportnobby

@alibuchan

But is this what is happening with mine? We're back to the communications aspect again. If Simon is waiting for a chassis then all he had to was inform me. Lord knows I've been patient enough already. I don't believe this is the case as Simon supposedly sent me an e mail 19th June telling me he could not replicate my problem on Unitrack and would be testing on some other track the following week. I say Simon supposedly sent an e mail as it would seem he sent others that day which never reached their destination either.

@Ben A @red_death @rr@shmm
If RevolutioN/Rapido repairs are waiting for another chassis to replace the one I had please just tell me and give me an idea of when. At least it would get one complaint off your backs.

Hello,

You will be pleased to know that your power car will be back on its way to you this week as mentioned/discussed in the email exchange between us both.

I’ve tested it on several different track set ups from my test track, to my 2mm finescale layout to a large private N gauge layout and still couldn’t get it to de-rail.

So just incase something had been missed it’s been completely stripped down to component parts and rebuilt. Tested again and it’s still not de-railing.

I am working through all outstanding repairs as quickly as I can.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:53:28 pm by rr@shmm »

Offline Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #2757 on: Today at 02:15:50 am »
I've only just tried my Pendolino after receiving it probably 6 weeks ago and I too have a couple of 'possible' issues. All I want to do is to ask Simon what is my best course of action here? Is it to email you at support@revolutiontrains.com which I believe is redirected to you?
As a quick summary my issues are as follows:
Power car A originally ran fine for 20 minutes on its own for running in purposes. I then reversed it and it made a strange noise rather like when an old Farish split its gears. This was about a week ago. I tried it again last night and although there's still a strange noise it's not as bad as before. It doesn't 'show' up too much in a video but you may be able to hear it here. My question is, do I keep running it to see if it beds in or do I return it?
My other 'issue' is that with my 11-car set 3 of the coaches G, H, J light up inside. It's not what I would call decent coach lighting and I haven't added coach lighting either. Is this normal? The reason I ask is that neither power car nor the other 6 coaches light up at all, it does look odd. Again, a video to show what I mean. Not a great video but it sort of shows what I'm saying.
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Offline mickster04

• The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
« Reply #2758 on: Today at 02:21:17 am »
First class coaches have table lamps as standard. These are not very bright but do illuminate well in the dark.
[EDIT] Power cars never have interior lighting. ALL coaches (first and standard) can have coach lighting installed on top of any existing lighting which work both DC and DCC[\EDIT]
« Last Edit: Today at 02:23:16 am by mickster04 »

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything