!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (37.1%)
No I wouldn't
74 (44.3%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 265781 times)

monkey_brains, Intercity, njee20, mickster04, Vonzack, pape_timmo, REGP, NewbieN and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #2760 on: Today at 08:30:43 am »
My other 'issue' is that with my 11-car set 3 of the coaches G, H, J light up inside. It's not what I would call decent coach lighting and I haven't added coach lighting either. Is this normal? The reason I ask is that neither power car nor the other 6 coaches light up at all, it does look odd. Again, a video to show what I mean. Not a great video but it sort of shows what I'm saying.

Hello Trainfish,

All models have a representation of working table lamps in the first class cars.  On the real thing these are fixed on the table bays next to the window, and can be switched on and off by passengers, and they can be seen when the trains pass by, especially at dawn or dusk.

The actual coach lighting bars were sold separately and are not supplied as standard.

Because the power cars are full of chassis block, coach K (the first class one) does not have a table lamp, but then on the prototype there is only one bay seat anyway (most of it is kitchen) so we felt it was an acceptable compromise.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2761 on: Today at 09:16:56 am »

Hello,

You will be pleased to know that your power car will be back on its way to you this week as mentioned/discussed in the email exchange between us both.

Iíve tested it on several different track set ups from my test track, to my 2mm finescale layout to a large private N gauge layout and still couldnít get it to de-rail.

So just incase something had been missed itís been completely stripped down to component parts and rebuilt. Tested again and itís still not de-railing.

I am working through all outstanding repairs as quickly as I can.
Thank you.

Thank you, Simon.

Online Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #2762 on: Today at 12:40:06 pm »
I just received a second spare set of lighting screws.  As my pendolino came with screws I now have these two sets spare.

Please advise, I can return them or send then to anyone waiting for them. @red_death @Ben A

Online Lindi

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2763 on: Today at 08:08:08 pm »
I've only just tried my Pendolino after receiving it probably 6 weeks ago and I too have a couple of 'possible' issues. All I want to do is to ask Simon what is my best course of action here? Is it to email you at support@revolutiontrains.com which I believe is redirected to you?
As a quick summary my issues are as follows:
Power car A originally ran fine for 20 minutes on its own for running in purposes. I then reversed it and it made a strange noise rather like when an old Farish split its gears. This was about a week ago. I tried it again last night and although there's still a strange noise it's not as bad as before. It doesn't 'show' up too much in a video but you may be able to hear it here. My question is, do I keep running it to see if it beds in or do I return it?
My other 'issue' is that with my 11-car set 3 of the coaches G, H, J light up inside. It's not what I would call decent coach lighting and I haven't added coach lighting either. Is this normal? The reason I ask is that neither power car nor the other 6 coaches light up at all, it does look odd. Again, a video to show what I mean. Not a great video but it sort of shows what I'm saying.

Morning John,

Many thanks for the videos. Yes from the sounds of the power car there is possibly a tooth missing from one of the gears.

Iím just about to head out the door but I will contact you direct this evening to help resolve the issues.

Thanks
Simon

That sounds very much like my Pendolino. When I took the bogies off is was visible that in one bogie the top gear had not been meshing correctly with the worm gear. It was visibly worn. The bogie looked like it was seated correctly and like yours it made noise in one direction only. I would guess that the original gear was not moulded correctly.

Low quality photo of the worn top gear

« Last Edit: Today at 08:11:52 pm by Lindi, Reason: Added photo »

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here