!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

N gauge Pendolino

Yes I'd invest in a crowd sourcing venture for a 9 car N gauge Pendolino
62 (36.5%)
No I wouldn't
77 (45.3%)
I have voted on the RMWeb poll so cannot vote here
31 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: Pendolino - a new approach  (Read 277697 times)

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Pendolino - a new approach
« on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:49 pm »
Over on RMWeb there is a discussion about the merits of a crowd funded Pendolino, and a chance to vote if you would commit to buying one. The plan would be for supporters to obtain a nine car train to current technical and detail standards for a commitment of 250. If sufficient supporters can be found they would receive their sets as a priority. Subsequent deliveries would be priced at about 100 higher.

None of it will happen without support, and financial commitment. Suggest that if you are genuinely interested in a Pendolino or two, a visit to the link below, and a read of progress over the last 24 hours would be worthwhile.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89072-n-gauge-pendolino-project/

I have added a poll to this topic at 11am on 14 August 2014. If you have voted in the RMWeb please do not vote on the NGF poll except to indicate that you voted on RMWeb.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:56:13 am by woodbury22uk »
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline alibuchan

• My page on shapeways
    • Awards
Re: Pendolino - a new approach
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:09:15 am »
Mike,

Is it worth modifying your post and putting a poll up on this topic too, similar to the one on RMWEB so that people, who refuse to go on there, can put there vote on here? Obviously with a note saying don't vote on here if you already have over there!

Alistair

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:31:09 am »
Thank you. This is the forum devoted to N.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:40:38 am »
Why would anyone refuse to go to RMWeb?  ???

If you prefer the NGF (and who wouldn't) that is fair enough but there is no point in avoiding a site that hosts a useful resource just on principle.

Anyway, Dave Jones mostly uses RMWeb and since the project would theoretically be under his control, it makes sense for the poll to be where he can see it.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Online kirky

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18171
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:58:56 am »
I wouldn't refuse but....
When NGF was in its infancy, RMWeb went titsup and I 'lost' my membership. As a result I ended up joining NGF. For me, I struggle to keep up with one forum so I ended up staying with NGF, and I have to say I do like the laid back attitude on NGF!

I did eventually rejoin, and I have voted in the pendo poll. However, I can fully understand why people would not wish to join RMWeb just to vote.
Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton is in the August 2018 edition of Raiway Modeller

and in real life at the Normanton and Pontefract exhibition. New College, Park Lane, Pontefract. 26/27th January 2019

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
What is the bickering about this Rm Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:00:28 am »
I couldn't possibly afford a 250 Pendolino anyway, but I don't understand why David Jones hasn't put a post on a forum which is dedicated to N Gauge if he is bringing out a NEW model in N Gauge,I also don't know anything about the animosity between this other Forum Rm or whatever it's called and our Forum,I must admit I left my local club because the Subs went up quite a lot and the club was mainly interested in modelling American Railroads but I still talk to the club members and have even invited the round to my shed whenever they want to.Perhaps someone can tell me what the problem between the two forums is ,In my honest opinion LIFE is to short to keep on bickering about silly things.

Offline Geoff

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 09:03:33 am »

If you prefer the NGF (and who wouldn't) that is fair enough but there is no point in avoiding a site that hosts a useful resource just on principle.

Anyway, Dave Jones mostly uses RMWeb and since the project would theoretically be under his control, it makes sense for the poll to be where he can see it.

Maybe you never read my last post on the said thread, I am a bit of a stickler, and cannot abide with the calling of virtually the same gauge in a post and thought this is not the place for me, does not stop me from buying there magazine, to many gauges on that forum for my liking I might get drawn into another gauge when I am having fun with N Gauge.

:NGF:
Geoff

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
Re: What is the bickering about this Rm Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 09:09:10 am »
I couldn't possibly afford a 250 Pendolino anyway, but I don't understand why David Jones hasn't put a post on a forum which is dedicated to N Gauge if he is bringing out a NEW model in N Gauge,I

Hi Bob

To be fair to Dave, he has not said he will be producing it as part of his own planned model portfolio.

What he has done is provided a quote for 1000 units and said it that should there be sufficient support and someone prepared to do the legwork to start and run a "Kickstarter" project to try to "Crowd fund" it, he could facilitate production for them.

Regards

Roy

Offline Michael Shillabeer

• N Gauge Society Number: 3363
  • 2mm Association Number: 2411
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 09:19:10 am »
Hello

The N Gauge Society ran an online survey re. a Pendolino in 2003.

The results are still available at https://web.archive.org/web/20030617031758/http://ngaugesociety.com/survey/surveyresults.htm

Remember the prices are from 11 years ago!

Best regards
Michael

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:10 am »
Wow, how things have changed!  Thanks for sharing that Michael.

Offline Hunslet 707

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:34:43 am »
Hello

The N Gauge Society ran an online survey re. a Pendolino in 2003.

The results are still available at https://web.archive.org/web/20030617031758/http://ngaugesociety.com/survey/surveyresults.htm

Remember the prices are from 11 years ago!

Best regards
Michael

So 11 years ago there were 196 people interested (via the NGS) in a pendolino (regardless of set length) and the price then (factoring in inflation) would equate to 161 now for a 5 car set. Sounds good, although that is only 1/5 of the number required (maybe 2/5 if counting multiple purchases) add maybe another 1/5 for the rise in N gauge modern modellers due to the availablility of better quality models brings us to the 3/5 area...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:09:27 am by scotsoft, Reason: Quote fixed ;-) »

Offline Agrippa

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:33 am »
Re Bob Tidbury's post why all the argy bargy about RMWeb, it's just another forum
about model trains, what's the prob?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:59 am »
Mike,

Is it worth modifying your post and putting a poll up on this topic too, similar to the one on RMWEB so that people, who refuse to go on there, can put there vote on here? Obviously with a note saying don't vote on here if you already have over there!

Alistair

Alistair

Thanks for the suggestion. However, what about the people on all the other N groups, and forums who will claim they won't touch this or that forum because of some past experience? :) :) The poll on RMWeb is the initiative of the members there, facilitated by Dave Jones who provided a quote for a crowd funded model. I will put the identical poll on here but from what I have read over the past 12 hours on here....................... :) :) :) :)

Poll now created.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:04:14 am by woodbury22uk, Reason: Poll created »
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Sprintex

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: CLOSED
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 11:12:07 am »
Re Bob Tidbury's post why all the argy bargy about RMWeb, it's just another forum
about model trains, what's the prob?

There is no "argy bargy" as you incorrectly put it, merely that some people choose not to go there for their own reasons which is their prerogative :thumbsup:

Paul

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:32 am »
There is no "argy bargy" as you incorrectly put it, merely that some people choose not to go there for their own reasons which is their prerogative :thumbsup:

Paul

That is fine, but why the need to make such a fuss about it (eg as you have done)? That is what creates the unpleasantness. 

Mike

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here