N Gauge Now

Started by Northern Git, November 24, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Just done mine too  :beers:

Railwaygun

Autumn edition arrived this AM

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

austinbob

Quote from: Railwaygun on August 30, 2017, 08:30:10 PM

Yeh. Got mine today as well very nice too. One of the best N gauge mags around I think. Oh... and by the way Railwaygun, mine was printed the right way up!!!   Sorry- couldn't resist...
:D :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Portpatrick

Got mine this morning as well.  Some interesting content.

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on August 30, 2017, 08:34:31 PM

Yeh. Got mine today as well very nice too. One of the best N gauge mags around I think. Oh... and by the way Railwaygun, mine was printed the right way up!!!   Sorry- couldn't resist...
Amazing what a couple of mouse clicks can do!!! Don't have to stand on my head now.
Great magazine though.
Thanks for correcting that Railwaygun
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Portpatrick

Quote from: austinbob on August 30, 2017, 08:39:01 PM
Quote from: austinbob on August 30, 2017, 08:34:31 PM

Amazing what a couple of mouse clicks can do!!! Don't have to stand on my head now.
Great magazine though.
Thanks for correcting that Railwaygun
:beers:

Perhaps you had the Australasian version!

austinbob

You could be right.
Perhaps @Bealman got his the right way up to start with.

Don't want to labour this.... Railwaygun doesn't deserve it he's always, as ever, a nice and very helpful guy.

Twas quite amusing though.
:) :beers:

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Some interesting features in this edition. I was very happy to see 'Ludlow' featured as Ian brought it to the last Bamber Bridge Meet Up and I've seen it at several local shows since.

guest6107

I think I'll subscribe to 4 issues. I have this one (#11) on order. Quite informative besides the photos that are helpful to acquiring a feel for this scale. I bought a few back numbers.

Better than the regular shop magazines that only  pay lip service to the scale.

PWayman

I like the informative articles you would probably not expect from a mainstream mag like the one this time on Metcalfe Models, well researched ,different and informative.
    I have also enjoyed the articles in previous editions on the history of the various model railway manufacturers. The mag certainly in my view brings a different aspect to model railway magazine journalism.

Bret

dannyboy

C'mon - where is my copy?  ???. I saw above that there is an article on Metcalfe Models - guess who has managed to wangle himself an invite to the factory where members of the public are "not generally allowed" ?  :P. I am really looking forward to the visit and will report back under the 'Metcalfe Models' thread on my return.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

@newportnobby
Modesty forbids me to divulge the means employed.  - sorry!  >:D. However, whilst there, I will broach the subject of other members visiting, on a very infrequent basis of course - you never know, they might welcome the occasional visit from forum members.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

cudders

Just ordered the first six editions. See what they are like.

Like most I don't bother with the OO mags and also not keen on the NG Journal and let my subscription lapse a few years back.

Hoping these are a good read,

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

guest6107

Quote from: cudders on September 04, 2017, 10:53:18 PM
Just ordered the first six editions. See what they are like.

Like most I don't bother with the OO mags and also not keen on the NG Journal and let my subscription lapse a few years back.

Hoping these are a good read,

Cudders
What I like is for £3.95 I get about £3.90's worth of useful material, compared with Model Rail that would give me about 30p worth, mostly ads and 00 or 0 gauge offerings.

Definitely worth support.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations