"Golden Arrow" boiler arrow & Smoke box door etchings?

Started by petercharlesfagg, October 14, 2013, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

Some time ago before the death of a relative within BH Enterprises I placed an order for the Etched Arrow etc. for my "Golden Arrow".

I spoke to them at TINGS and re-sent my order but have heard nothing.  I have emailed them again (17th. September) and no response and their telephone (after 7 pm) always seems to be busy!

Is there somewhere else that I could purchase the same?

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

silly moo

I'm not sure where else you could get the Golden Arrow etches from but I do remember from past experience the BH Enterprises are a small family run business and that orders do take some time to get processed.

dr deltic

Give the lads a nudge, they have been through the mill this year and no one else as far as I am aware makes these items.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: dr deltic on October 17, 2013, 10:09:18 PM
Give the lads a nudge, they have been through the mill this year and no one else as far as I am aware makes these items.

I do not mean to be rude but reading my original post, this is exactly what I have done?

I commiserated with them at TINGS over their loss and it was suggested that I re-send my order which I have done!

Regards, Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

dr deltic

petercharlesfagg

Since starting this thread I have been searching the 'net and contacted "Precision Labels & Decals", they can supply transfers for the carriages and the "Arrows" for the locomotive plus the little flags in front of the smokebox. 

I shall now save my pennies (Which means stop buying on Ebay!) and purchase the required items.

Regards, Peter.

dr deltic

good result in the end Peter and no doubt it will assist anyone else looking for same.

colpatben

Peter

I have trolled the 'Precision Labels & Decals' website and have been unable to determine the part no for N Gauge Golden Arrows which I am trying to source to replace one that I have lost from my Osborns Models Dapol 'Iron Duke'.

L1G would appear to be 00 Gauge only, so what did you order?

Osborns have been unable to help as they have no spares.
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: colpatben on November 21, 2013, 09:34:56 AM
Peter

I have trolled the 'Precision Labels & Decals' website and have been unable to determine the part no for N Gauge Golden Arrows which I am trying to source to replace one that I have lost from my Osborns Models Dapol 'Iron Duke'.

L1G would appear to be 00 Gauge only, so what did you order?

Osborns have been unable to help as they have no spares.

The sheet I purchased was this:-  http://www.precisionlabels.com/l12.html 

It comes complete with the decals for both the arrows on the boiler and the smoke box but goodness knows how you cut them out without damage!

Regards, Peter.

colpatben

Peter

Thank you for the prompt reply, I was afraid you would indicate that this is the only solution.

£20.00 for one 'lost' arrow is a little rich for me. (even though we live close to the Battle of Hasting site, I suppose King Harold would like to have not been hit by the one arrow!).

Colin
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP