Your N Gauge Forum NEEDS YOU!

Started by Lawrence, June 25, 2011, 04:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

It has come to my attention that Tank has been paying for all the little modifications that keep this forum running so well OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET  :thumbsdown:  This is grossly unfair and I will also get a massive bollocking from him for doing this but sod it, I'm 400+ miles away  :smiley-laughing:

I am aware that some members have kindly made donations which have helped to ease the pain, and you still can by going to http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1176.0

What I would like to do is offer an item for sale and all the money will go to the forum, I realise that what I am about to offer is not something that is universally run by many members, however you may like it is an oddity on your layout.  I am offering an ER Models Baldwin RF-16 Sharknose A+B unit (with BOTH units being powered).  It is mint and has been test run for about 10 minutes total and 5 of them were a couple of weekends ago round at Alex Crawfords and I'm sure he will confirm what a great smooth runner it is, and it is DCC ready according to the box.

Here is a picture

I will cover the cost of shipping anywhere in the UK if someone will donate £35 to the forum for this model, obviously I will accept more than that  ;)  but please do not make your donation until I confirm the details with you.

Come on now lads and lassies, don't be shy  ;D

jonclox

A great point Lawrence.
I cant help with buying your goods but will see what I can come up with.......or send a donation........probably not till the beginning of July tho
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

poliss

A generous offer. Not one of the roads I model unfortunately. For those who might want it then be aware that the DN141E2 decoder these models use is rarer than hens teeth and you would have to hardwire a decoder. Been there, done that.

Lawrence

Thanks for putting everyone off poliss  :evil:  it runs fine on DC by the way if you don't want to go down the DCC route, or you could always send it to poliss for hardwiring  ;D

Unfortunately poliss is quite correct, the decoders for this are discontinued (I hadn't actually checked) , but like he says there are options if you want to go down the DCC route, and it does run very nicely out of the box on DC

Tank

LAWRENCE!!!!   :o  Thanks for doing that mate, it's very kind of you.

Many people have donated money to the forum, and I thank them for what they've given.  I'll explain where the money has gone so far.....  The forum is based on software by Simple Machines Forums, and it is able to be customised a lot better than other types of forum.  I am able to only do so much of the modifications and coding, but some of it is out of my league.  So, this means that I need to pay somebody to help me.  It's not expensive, but it soon adds up!

Now, there shouldn't be any need for anything else to be modified for a while, but I do work on peoples suggestions and try new things on the forum.  Sometimes these cost money!  As you may have seen recently we had the 'Thank You' button installed.  This cost money to install, as a lot of the coding had to be changed to incorporate it into the forum, and sadly it clashed with another modification on the forum - which caused 'Fatal Errors' on here.  Of course, I had to pay for the engineer to find a cure!!!

I also dabbled in advertising with google, and recently in the N Gauge Society Journal with cost £78.

I appreciate everyone's help in making this a great forum and creating a great atmosphere, and I don't expect anyone to donate, but it does of course help.  Even buying a mug or a shirt will help.  In my view the forum is fully set up now, so there shouldn't be any more costs for this year, so I can pay off my overdraft and actually afford to carry on the work on my layout.

Thanks everyone for making this a great forum.
:beers: :NGaugersRule:

Lawrence

No takers then  :(

Okay reduced to £30 and I will still cover the postage to any UK address, even for spare motors, couplers & bogies it's worth £30 of anyone's money, and all the money will go to the forum, you can wait till after pay day to make the payment too  ;D

moogle

Sadly not me I'm afraid. Wrong country, although I'm sure the chassis would be useful.
Gotta find £500 to get the car fixed somehow so things like trains and any form of social life are out of the window for now!  >:(
Hopefully someone will take up Lawrence's generous offer.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

lesmond

Ah go on, Lawrence, I'll have it, and for £35.00 too, seeing as its a good cause and all that..

Continue by pm?
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

Lawrence

Newportnobby

Well done, both. True Gentlemen. There isn't a clapping smiley (Tank?) but I applaud you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations