Official NGF Coach Tour Participant List and Rules - 2015

Started by guest2, July 14, 2015, 10:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Sounds good to me.  I'll leave it to you guys to organise it.  ;)

Bob Tidbury

TANK Where is the coach going after The Bournmouth show Do I send it to Petercharlesfagg or is it staying with  Dorsetmike .
I have sent a PM to Rabbitaway to find out where he lives if it's not that faraway from the show at Egham I  said I might be able to pop in on my way home to let him photo it on his layout. But it does depend where exactly he lives.
Bob

Dorsetmike

All I want is photos/videos of it on the N layouts at the Bournemouth show Feb 6/7, I can send it on to PCF or let Bob take it after the show, my home layout is not yet in photogenic condition!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Rabbitaway

Tank

I have been in touch with Bob and we should be able to sort something out with me picking the coach up at the Egham show

Thanks

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: Dorsetmike on January 18, 2016, 09:11:04 PM
All I want is photos/videos of it on the N layouts at the Bournemouth show Feb 6/7, I can send it on to PCF or let Bob take it after the show, my home layout is not yet in photogenic condition!

Not sure if it is a good idea sending it to me!

I have neither layout nor baseboard at this moment in time!

I am awaiting an estimate from a carpenter to construct a level baseboard that I can raise to the ceiling! ( Trying to think positively towards gaining some pleasure in the time I have left)

I had completely forgotten about the coach!

regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

anselm

Quote from: Rabbitaway on January 18, 2016, 10:27:51 PM
Tank

I have been in touch with Bob and we should be able to sort something out with me picking the coach up at the Egham show

Thanks

I think I follow Rabbitaway and this is just to say that I am happy to fit in with any arrangements, including delaying receiving the coach if that helps.  I'm not able to get to any of the upcoming shows so it will mean using the post.  All I need to do now is try to conjure up a story to explain how a Mark 2 coach appeared in Devon/Cornwall in the period 1955/65;  I suppose it could have been an early test version?

Ian

railsquid

Quote from: anselm on January 19, 2016, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: Rabbitaway on January 18, 2016, 10:27:51 PM
Tank

Thanks

I think I follow Rabbitaway and this is just to say that I am happy to fit in with any arrangements, including delaying receiving the coach if that helps.  I'm not able to get to any of the upcoming shows so it will mean using the post.  All I need to do now is try to conjure up a story to explain how a Mark 2 coach appeared in Devon/Cornwall in the period 1955/65;  I suppose it could have been an early test version?

Maybe @Chris in Prague can come up with something: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=31019.msg353977#msg353977

Chris in Prague

The prototype Mark 2, FK 13252, was built in 1963, (it's now preserved by the National Railway Museum and on loan to the Mid-Norfolk Railway). The first Mark 2 coaches were constructed as early as 1964–66 (see my BR SR Green Mark 2 FK on Cant Cove) but the 'production' Mark 2A series (as modelled by Graham Farish) did not appear until 1967–68. So, if you can pretend that it is a Mark 2 on trial then you can justify it appearing in Devon/Cornwall in the period 1964/65.

Bob Tidbury

:hellosign: Anselm  I'm Bob if Rabbitaway borrows the coach on Saturday I'm going to take it to Southampton Show in case there is a Forum members layout there , Then down to Bournemouth Show for Dorset Mike to photo it on the layouts there then as Mike says you only live in Berkhampstead  you can come over to High Wycombe and pick it up if you would like to see my layout as I don't like driving I go with Ray from BHE to all these shows   if not I will try and persuade my wife to run me over to you or I will post it to you.My layout is DC 20ftx8ft there is a few old video clips on Utube
Stonehouse N Gauge Layout.  A new clip will go on showing the Forum coach while I have it.
Bob

anselm

PostModN66

Progress report:

Coach taken by Rabbitaway from the Egham show, returned then taken away by Bob Tidbury.

Nice to see both of you at the show guys!

Cheers Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Bob Tidbury

Next stop Stonehouse then next weekend Southampton just as a publicity showing then Bournemouth Show the first week in February to be photographed on some members layouts then I will post it up to Anselm .not Perercharles fagg as on the list unfortunately his layout isn't ready and his eyesight is not good at the moment,this is has all been given the go ahead by the boss TANK so I hope this hasn't upset anybody thinking they will miss thier turn.
Thanks to PostModN66 for a very nice look behind the scenes of Deansmore and to Rabbitaway for trying to get the coach back to the show on time despite the horrendous  traffic in his area my friend and his wife were getting a little bit fed up waiting for me , but they did understand , in fact we got held up a little while going through Slough on our way home.
Cheers
Bob

Rabbitaway

Bob

Apologises for the delay in getting the coach back to show. It would appear the world decided to go shopping in Staines jamming up the traffic!

Look forward to seeing the photos of the coach on your layout

Jon

Great layout, best in show in my view!

I will try and get my photos of the coach on Fintry Junction on the forum tomorrow

All the best

:thankyousign:

Bob Tidbury

Rabbitaway the photos will be in a folder in my media next week as I still haven't rememberd how to get the photos into a post and the video will go on Utube if I Can remember how I done that ,I'm an absolute idiot when it comes to this modern technology ,It took several members quite a while to get it into my thick skull in the first place unless I do it over and over again I just forget .
Perhaps I can get my five year old grandson to help me he ( TIDED UP HIS MUMS IPHONE BY PUTTING ALL HER ICONS INTO ONE ) it took her a while to sort it out. I wish I was young again.
Cheers
Bob

Rabbitaway

Hi All

The photos from todays photo shoot on Fintry Junction

Thanks to Bob and Jon today at the Egham show

:claphappy:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66