Parts for DCC Cobalts

Started by Graham65, October 06, 2016, 04:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham65

Guys
Having a number of cobalts for a few years I have managed to lose parts for my Cobalts. The parts I'm missing are the metal rod you attach to the cobalt and the turnout and the flange screws to hold the rod in place.
I've already contacted DccConcepts and they only do a complete package of spares for $7.95 each. As I need 14 screws and rods that would become expensive.
So does anyone know where I could get the screws from? If not then all I'll do is super glue them in place. Also the metal rod, what could I use to make my own?

Thanks

red_death

Metal wire - guitar strings.

Screws - ebay (or somewhere like Eileens Emporium).

Cheers, Mike

Graham65

I always assumed that guitar strings are flexible so surely that won't work?

pctrainman

Whilst installing my Cobalts I cut an actuating wire too short and had the same problem in that I could'nt find a source of supply , I measured a Cobalt rod and it comes out at 0.8mm near as dammit so I found an ebay seller and purchased a pack of 5 0.8 mm X 100 mm long spring steel wires for as I remember about £2.00 you will need to put a bend in them but it is easily done with 2 pairs of pliers, and then it will need shortening according to how long you need it and this is best done by nicking the wire with a needle file and then with the same 2 pairs of pliers held just either side of the nick it will snap off quite cleanly when you exert sideways force ,the company that sells them is B&J retail and they have a phone number which is 08438862461 , as for the screws ask DCC concepts what size they are and then look on ebay and get how many you need .Be careful when snapping the wire as spring steel of that diameter is dangerous to eyes .

Graham65

Quote from: pctrainman on October 07, 2016, 10:21:37 PM
Whilst installing my Cobalts I cut an actuating wire too short and had the same problem in that I could'nt find a source of supply , I measured a Cobalt rod and it comes out at 0.8mm near as dammit so I found an ebay seller and purchased a pack of 5 0.8 mm X 100 mm long spring steel wires for as I remember about £2.00 you will need to put a bend in them but it is easily done with 2 pairs of pliers, and then it will need shortening according to how long you need it and this is best done by nicking the wire with a needle file and then with the same 2 pairs of pliers held just either side of the nick it will snap off quite cleanly when you exert sideways force ,the company that sells them is B&J retail and they have a phone number which is 08438862461 , as for the screws ask DCC concepts what size they are and then look on ebay and get how many you need .Be careful when snapping the wire as spring steel of that diameter is dangerous to eyes .

The company I couldn't find by that name but put in spring wire as the search and bingo.  Thanks for the info

pctrainman

You're welcome , i'm pleased the info helped .

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations