What part of the world are you modelling - 2014 poll

Started by Pengi, April 12, 2014, 11:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Sorta like looking up data sheets for obsolete electronic devices. You sometimes unearth some gems!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

Quote from: Bealman on July 04, 2017, 09:18:32 AM
Sorta like looking up data sheets for obsolete electronic devices. You sometimes unearth some gems!  :thumbsup:

Them I know about, I'm Currently measuring 1mA to an accuracy of 0.1 part in a million and an uncertainty of 1.5PPM....

daffy

Resurrection is good for the soul, though some say there is an uncertainty in that, but just how many ppm that is is anybody's guess. :hmmm:

And as I wasn't on the Forum in 2014, when I was modelling my house interior (an ongoing process), let me add that I am now modelling Switzerland. Research stage still accounting for a lot of my efforts, and unfortunately  ;) I will have to go there next month to check a few details. :)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

broadsword

No-one appeas to be modelling S American railways, I shall start a Peruvian
layout with Lima rolling stock.

Bealman

Why not! The high altitude  atmosphere  would definitely  be a model railway  first!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

broadsword

cutting42

Quote from: The Q on July 04, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

Them I know about, I'm Currently measuring 1mA to an accuracy of 0.1 part in a million and an uncertainty of 1.5PPM....

Blimey, are you designing Mass Spectrometers?

The Q

Quote from: cutting42 on July 04, 2017, 04:24:36 PM
Quote from: The Q on July 04, 2017, 09:36:49 AM

Blimey, are you designing Mass Spectrometers?

No, the company I work for makes test equipment, Including calibrators, which may be used to calibrate mass Spectorometers or anything else electronic

So I calibrate the Calibrators which are used to calibrate the new or returned for calibration, Calibration equipment.

At each stage you roughly go down one decimal place of accuracy,(it's a lot more complicated than that But I leave the maths to my boss...)
So My 0.1 PPM, Becomes 1ppm in the outer lab, the customer will be at 10ppm, and they may use that to calibrate something at 100ppm. The uncertainty of measurement also increases at each stage.

We send our Referance standards to the National Physical Laboratories, In Teddington. Where they produce, the top level accuracy.

We use Resistors and DC Voltage sources calibrated by NPL, Plus frequencies  derived from the GPS system, to Produce ACV and ACI.

If you go to a hospital, all the electronics will be calibrated,
If you fly,  all the electronics will be calibrated,
If you get nicked for speeding all the electronics will be calibrated,

Either by us or our opposition at our level, down the tree to the local / on site  calibration houses

cutting42

Quote from: The Q on July 05, 2017, 09:33:48 AM

No, the company I work for makes test equipment, Including calibrators, which may be used to calibrate mass Spectorometers or anything else electronic

So I calibrate the Calibrators which are used to calibrate the new or returned for calibration, Calibration equipment.

At each stage you roughly go down one decimal place of accuracy,(it's a lot more complicated than that But I leave the maths to my boss...)
So My 0.1 PPM, Becomes 1ppm in the outer lab, the customer will be at 10ppm, and they may use that to calibrate something at 100ppm. The uncertainty of measurement also increases at each stage.

We send our Referance standards to the National Physical Laboratories, In Teddington. Where they produce, the top level accuracy.

We use Resistors and DC Voltage sources calibrated by NPL, Plus frequencies  derived from the GPS system, to Produce ACV and ACI.

If you go to a hospital, all the electronics will be calibrated,
If you fly,  all the electronics will be calibrated,
If you get nicked for speeding all the electronics will be calibrated,

Either by us or our opposition at our level, down the tree to the local / on site  calibration houses

Very cool thanks for the reply. I work for a company that makes Mass Specs and know how fine the detail was that you were talking about. We also have to perform validation and calibration checks for compliance in the pharma industry

javlinfaw7

Quote from: broadsword on July 04, 2017, 10:31:52 AM
No-one appeas to be modelling S American railways, I shall start a Peruvian
layout with Lima rolling stock.
I thought someone was doing Paddington.

alpaca my bags

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP