West Coast Resprays

Started by Sipat, December 18, 2015, 07:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sipat

Just thought I would post here as a reccomendation. I recieved my Class 47 back from West Coast Resprays today. To say I am happy is an understatement. Started lofe as a Farish DCC ready 47612 Titan. Repainted in to triple grey livery as 47280 Pedigree. To say I am happy is an understatement. The finish is so good it looks like a factory job.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. No connection other than a very satisfied customer

47280 repainted by West Coast Resprays by Steve Purves, on Flickr

NeMo

Funnily enough looked at their website today. They had a big advert on the UK Model Shop mailing list. Some nice repaints there for sure.

But my pet annoyance with these kinds of businesses is not putting up a price list. If I've got to email you to ask, you've lost my interest.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Newportnobby

That is a very sharp and crisp paint job :thumbsup:

For one moment I thought the thread was about West Coast Railways trying to disguise themselves after the latest ban :laugh:

d-a-n

Very, very nice job there, photos can be a cruel measure of a job but this looks factory and I imagine looks even better in the flesh/plastic! Quite heartening to know of another reliable paint place; if you don't mind us asking, how much as it could make buying something in the wrong colour a viable alternative to hanging out for some BR blue...

robert shrives

Hi ,
I too have got a 47 - bought at Crewe DRS open day, cannot recall price but certainly a good price for standard of work. Transfers also good . The Belle livery 47 and 57s are very well done.

Robert 

spbeck

So as some of you know I'm from West Cumbria, and worked for Brush Traction over at Thornaby and Immingham  for a while on the Class 60 programme. I used to see this one on the shed and i asked the excellent West Coast Resprays to commission it for me. I'll let Anthony Sutton give you the detail, but i'm sure you will agree she's a beaut. many thanks m8, more work coming your way.

Quote from: NeMo on December 18, 2015, 08:15:36 PM
Funnily enough looked at their website today. They had a big advert on the UK Model Shop mailing list. Some nice repaints there for sure.

But my pet annoyance with these kinds of businesses is not putting up a price list. If I've got to email you to ask, you've lost my interest.

Cheers, NeMo

Hello NeMo

I am not sure why it has taken me so long to reply, but a basic price guide has been up for quite some time. Please find this under Commissioning on the website. It is also very hard to list a price for every single set job, so I presumed a basic guide would suffice. Like most 'one offs' It's always best to get in touch for a specific price, as it's impossible to publish a generic price list due to the amount of variations within a commission.

This particular 47 that I did for Steve is now back in my hands. When I found out Steve was giving up modelling in N, I made him an offer to buy back the 47. It has since joined my fleet of locos. Also standards have improved vastly since I carried out this commission. My OCD has made sure of that. 

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Quote from: spbeck on November 08, 2017, 04:50:09 PM
So as some of you know I'm from West Cumbria, and worked for Brush Traction over at Thornaby and Immingham  for a while on the Class 60 programme. I used to see this one on the shed and i asked the excellent West Coast Resprays to commission it for me. I'll let Anthony Sutton give you the detail, but i'm sure you will agree she's a beaut. many thanks m8, more work coming your way.

Thank you for a wonderful review Steve.

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Buzzard

Quote from: 37058 on November 10, 2017, 08:01:21 AMI am not sure why it has taken me so long to reply, but a basic price guide has been up for quite some time. Please find this under Commissioning on the website.

Trying to connect to the above page via a Google search and get the dreaded 404 file not found error message.  All other pages appear to have the same problem.

Funny as some were visible yesterday.

Quote from: Buzzard on November 10, 2017, 08:32:17 AM
Quote from: 37058 on November 10, 2017, 08:01:21 AMI am not sure why it has taken me so long to reply, but a basic price guide has been up for quite some time. Please find this under Commissioning on the website.

Trying to connect to the above page via a Google search and get the dreaded 404 file not found error message.  All other pages appear to have the same problem.

Funny as some were visible yesterday.

Thank you pointing this out. I have been having this issue since I renewed the subscription fee last week. I shall get onto the hosting people and have them look into this.

I also have a Facebook page too...That is currently working haha

Cheers
Anthony

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations