The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadsword

Visits to Nationwide (my b soc) are usually a pain, after queuing for ages and getting my dosh
the staff usually say something inane like *What are your plans for the rest of the day ?*

No1 priority get out of the place !

njee20

The company I work for went into administration yesterday. This is obviously slightly rubbish insofar as I lose my job, either today, or at some point in the near future if I'm involved with winding up the remaining elements. This is obviously a minor inconvenience, but in the grand scheme of things nothing more.

Why it makes me angry is because of the biased and ill informed commentary that accompanies all the media attention. Historically the company did some morally heinous things, which were indefensible, but things have moved on, there are no remnants of the company from those days.

I've never worked for anyone with such caring, compassionate people who try so hard to do right by customers, and in the main succeed, with excellent feedback and customer satisfaction scores. A lot of excellent people will lose their jobs, and for many with working visas they will also lose their homes and their adopted country. All because of the transgressions of a former management team and a frustrating compensation culture.

No prizes for guessing my employer :)

thebrighton

Another term for cash and may have been Newcastle's shirt sponsor for a while?

njee20

I can neither confirm nor deny that...  ;)

RailGooner

I wish the best possible outcome for all affected.

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: njee20 on August 31, 2018, 01:35:39 PM
The company I work for went into administration yesterday. This is obviously slightly rubbish insofar as I lose my job, either today, or at some point in the near future if I'm involved with winding up the remaining elements. This is obviously a minor inconvenience, but in the grand scheme of things nothing more.

Why it makes me angry is because of the biased and ill informed commentary that accompanies all the media attention. Historically the company did some morally heinous things, which were indefensible, but things have moved on, there are no remnants of the company from those days.

I've never worked for anyone with such caring, compassionate people who try so hard to do right by customers, and in the main succeed, with excellent feedback and customer satisfaction scores. A lot of excellent people will lose their jobs, and for many with working visas they will also lose their homes and their adopted country. All because of the transgressions of a former management team and a frustrating compensation culture.

No prizes for guessing my employer :)

I did wonder how it would affect you... whilst the outcome for is not surprising given the circumstances, it is still a worry. I hope things turn out well for you.

I too work in financial services, and am kind of resigned to the media hyperbole which accompanies the sector. It is easy to forget that there are a lot of 'ordinary' people who are impacted by situations such as this, or the decision-making processes by those far higher up the food-chain.

njee20

Yep - one of those things, it's so hard not to respond to all the negativity with the reality!

I'm staying on for an indeterminate period of time, and already have 2 interviews on Monday, so likely to end positively for me, as these things usually do! If I can continue to catch the 7.33 then even better!

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

njee20

Bealman

Yep, all the best for Monday  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

chrispearce

Every day it is the same. The same people who are persistently late for work and hold the rest of us up. If one is ALWAYS 10 minutes late for work why not switch on brain and ALWAYS leave home 10-15 minutes earlier? I HATE civvy street. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

StufromEGDL

Quote from: chrispearce on September 02, 2018, 07:09:57 AM
Every day it is the same. The same people who are persistently late for work and hold the rest of us up. If one is ALWAYS 10 minutes late for work why not switch on brain and ALWAYS leave home 10-15 minutes earlier? I HATE civvy street. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hi Chris,

It's the same in the mob these days.....nobody cares and summary punishment is frowned upon.
Nobody will think for themselves any more and always require solutions on a plate.
We can't hurt anyone's feelings now, can we???
More management levels make decisions longer and more difficult to achieve...and the higher the rank, the more averse to risk we become.

I look forward to retirement some days.....

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

guest311

Quote from: StufromEGDL on September 02, 2018, 07:37:20 AM
Quote from: chrispearce on September 02, 2018, 07:09:57 AM

Hi Chris,

It's the same in the mob these days.....nobody cares and summary punishment is frowned upon.
Nobody will think for themselves any more and always require solutions on a plate.
We can't hurt anyone's feelings now, can we???
More management levels make decisions longer and more difficult to achieve...and the higher the rank, the more averse to risk we become.

I look forward to retirement some days.....

Later,
Stu from EGDL.

oh for the good old days,

GET FELL IN YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN !

no PC
NO faffing about
AND GETTING THE JOB DONE !

chrispearce

Thank you gentlemen. Methinks we live in a post-hippy apocalypse.

It's been a long time since I heard anyone being referred to as an, "'orrible little man!" - or worse but this is a family show!
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations