New Electra Website - When?

Started by njee20, May 08, 2018, 12:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

Probably one for @captainelectra more than everyone else - but I'm sure there are a number of interested parties.

I see there's a new website coming with online ordering. I've had no response to my last 4 ordering emails, so that sounds brilliant, but when's it coming Adam?

You're close to becoming Shawplan - useful products that you can never get hold of!

Maurits71

Adam is currently facing ;) a big refit ( actually his house  :D ) and has NO access to e-mails or what so ever. so don't expect anything soon.

Patience is the key word  ;)

M.
Hills and Meadows on social media

For Hills and Meadows video channel please click here

For Hills and Meadows on facebook please click here

njee20

Yep, always been patient, and orders have usually taken weeks or even months, and required chasing. Was just intrigued as it seems an end may be in sight to the frustrations.

All that aside, with the best will in the world how can an e-commerce business have no access to emails and no mention of that on their website? That's utter lunacy. That should be enormous banner on the homepage saying "NO EMAIL ORDERING PRESENTLY".

Or use a phone. I check my email far more frequently by phone than on a computator.

red_death

If you've no or limited access to the web then you won't have much ability to change the website. Or perhaps Adam is just preoccupied with other things.

I agree with you that with the internet there is a growing perception that things can be done quickly and easily and often they can be if there is time but I think that we lose sight of the bigger picture.  For a lot of the hobby we rely on small enterprises done in people's spare time - the more professional you appear the worse the expectation can be(!) - and it is easy for other priorities to conflict.

Anyway good luck to Adam getting things sorted and the new website (something I sympathise with greatly!).

Cheers, Mike

njee20

Totally agree Mike. To be clear I have no issues with delays whatsoever, this wasn't a chivvy, I've sent 4 emails over the space of 6 weeks or so that have gone totally unacknowledged, I've always had to chase at least once before, but not for that long. I happened to look on the website and saw the "coming soon..." banner, which is new, so thought I'd ask on here (as emails weren't being answered) and suspected others may be interested in the answer.

I realise Adam's running Electra in his (no doubt limited) spare time, I'm not expecting next day delivery or anything. However to receive a second hand message that he has zero email access is insane to me, surely he's hemorrhaging customers from people who aren't patient and don't know this? Adam managed to access the forum yesterday, so has some internet access. I've seen him posting on the FB page too, specifically soliciting for business, so it's not like he's put the entire enterprise to bed for a while.

Crikey give someone the admin access to the website to put a text banner up saying "no email orders" - the 'coming soon' is more recent than the oldest of my unanswered emails. It wasn't there on March 25th.

I think most people have reasonable expectations on stuff like this, but you have to give customers something to instill confidence!

Adam1701D

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing at the moment. Unfortunately the builders have commandeered my railway room where my main computer is and used it to store all the building materials. This means I'm completely unable to properly answer any emails process orders or do anything on the website.

This is not helped by the part that everything is now covered in dust...

And I am hoping to re-gain access by the end of this week and will spend the weekend catching up on my orders and any outstanding emails.

Oh, the joys of trying to run a cottage industry.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

njee20

Like I say Adam - no issue at all, it's an inherent part of running a cottage industry! Definitely worth popping something on the website though for prospective customers.

Most people will be happy to wait, but a good deal may well not bother if they just don't get a response. I don't want to teach you to suck eggs either, but being entirely reliant on one single computer is asking for trouble too!

Adam1701D

I totally agree. The good news is that I have been able to squeeze into my room but the bad news is that the builders have cut the power. We have both the kitchen and bathroom being done so there is no room to set up elsewhere.

I know Facebook is not everyone's cup of tea but I have been posting semi regular status updates on the aElectra page.

The new website is nearly ready and will offer a full e-commerce platform with real time stock updates and full shopping basket facilities.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

njee20

Cool! Again - stick that on your website, I didn't actually know you had a Facebook page!

Looking forward to the new website though, will likely be ordering more :)

monkey_brains

Quote from: njee20 on May 08, 2018, 08:51:27 PM
Cool! Again - stick that on your website, I didn't actually know you had a Facebook page!

It's on there - I know that because I just clicked on it  :bounce:
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

njee20

I meant put something which says "visit our Facebook page for updates". I'm sure there are social media links, but the website has been updated, so I confess I didn't check social media.

njee20

Just squealed with excitement* upon visiting Electra's website, to see the message

"This website is now for reference only and all ordering can now be carried out at the new ElectraRail Website"

Which is wonderful. Note the redirect link is wrong through - it's going to http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk/www.electrarail.co.uk, not just www.electrarail.co.uk

I shall now be placing an order!

*this may not be quite true

monkey_brains

*Must Not Place More Orders* 

*Must Finish Some Projects First*

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

Tank

Looking good!  I'll probably order a Gatwick Express set when they go on there.

njee20

Crashed a couple of times and just loaded blank pages, but I managed to place my order. Great move Adam - I'll likely order significantly more now!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations