Olympic Torch - Praise Bus !

Started by 4x2, May 22, 2012, 10:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

Hi all ! I've not been on here for a few days as i've been given what i can only describe as the biggest job i've ever been given...

My job is to run an hour ahead of the olympic torch in this brightly painted bus for 71 days !

There is live music on board and we're driving around waving at the crowds and appearing at various churches etc along the way.

I'm not a religous person myself, but me and my co-driver are working hard to keep things rolling... If you see us out and about, give us a wave - any photo's would be great !  :thumbsup:

Our bus at Bristol today... (22/5/12)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

EtchedPixels

Awesome. I love the bus as well, thats almost as loud as the kiddy painted 66.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

4x2

Quote from: EtchedPixels on May 22, 2012, 10:57:01 PM
Awesome. I love the bus as well, thats almost as loud as the kiddy painted 66.
you should hear it inside !!!  :music: :music: :music:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

OwL

Great stuff 4x2  :thumbsup: Hope you have a great time :wave:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Paul B

Great bus and a great job - especially with the weather you have had as you passed through Swindon! (I took the day off as I had a few bits to do - and to see the torch go past my front door!  :-[ )
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Calnefoxile

Sorry mate I missed you in Calne today, was all ready with my camera but must have just missed you  :( :(.

Thought I might see you in Bassett as well, but again must have just missed you  :( :(

It would have been great to have got as many piccies of your bus in all the different areas from members of  :NGF:

Cheers

Neal.

moogle

Its a 4 wheeled multi coloured worm!  :smiley-laughing:

Enjoy your special assignment.
I'm sure other road users will hear you before they see you and when they do wonder what on earth is happening!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

EtchedPixels

I shall have a look for your bus on Saturday when you go through Swansea.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

4x2

I'm driving on sat (2 drivers so we can keep going !), so I'll keep an eye open for you !

I'll post more pics when i get to a pc - keep losing mobile
Signal in the countryside !

Thanks to all for your comments !  :thumbsup:

Mike

MikeDunn

Wish I read this earlier - you drove a mile from my house (through Clee)

Mike

4x2

The bus was bit early at that point - the police don't want us to get within an hour of the torch, so sometimes we get a bit too far ahead... Sorry !

Mike

kirky

So what happens first thing on a morning. When we get the torch, here in Redcar, it leaves at some ungodly hour, like 7.00 am or something. So does that mean you and your bus leave at 6.00am?
(as much as I'm interested, I don't think I'll be getting up to see your bus at 6.00)

Cheers
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

4x2

Quote from: kirky on May 24, 2012, 10:30:06 PM
So what happens first thing on a morning. When we get the torch, here in Redcar, it leaves at some ungodly hour, like 7.00 am or something. So does that mean you and your bus leave at 6.00am?
(as much as I'm interested, I don't think I'll be getting up to see your bus at 6.00)

Cheers
Kirky
afraid so... Usually the place we start is the same as we finished at the day before.

Today we finished at worcester, and tomorrow we Will start from the next torch destination (can't remember at the mo...).

Mike

Pete Mc

Is the torch coming through Doncaster at all?
If so,have you any idea when this'll be?
If I'm not at work I'll come and say hello.
I would've thought it would stop at Doncaster Minster or St Georges church as us Donnyites more commonly know it.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Elvinley

Glad it's all going well mate - nice to hear from you earlier. Would have loved to have seen you come through Bristol.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations