"Plus Daughters" Problems? (UPDATED)

Started by petercharlesfagg, May 30, 2013, 05:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
I know of one other posting about this company but wondered if there were more out there who have experienced problems with ordering etc?

I placed an order on the 16th. of May for 2 pieces of Woodland Scenics risers, all OK payment accepted, confirmation email, then nothing!

Today I telephoned and left a message, about 3 hours later received email which stated that the items were damaged and they were awaiting new stock. 

Why couldn't they say earlier?

By return I emailed that I would be happy to accept damaged items if there was a reduction in price but as yet, no reply!

Is my experience unusual?

Regards, Peter.

UPDATE:  The order has been cancelled and I have received a refund today 05/06/2013.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Newportnobby

Sorry Peter,
I have only experienced them at exhibitions and found them .....er.....expensive :goggleeyes:

michael

Well as per the topic about motor brushes I wont be going back to them any time soon. For those that havnt seen the topic, they said an item was in stock, took my money and took several days to say the item was out of stock, then had designs on keeping my money until the item came back in stock which I was told would be about 4 weeks!

weave

Hi,

Only experienced them at an exhibition too.

Asked a question. ' Sorry, we're too busy' was the reply. Ok it was quite busy but it was more the way he said it. Muttered f u under my breath and walked away.

Maybe I over reacted but surely that's no way to run a business. Can't remember the question but it wasn't rocket science and 'bit busy at the moment, could you wait for a moment or come back later and we'll gladly help' would have been nice.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Basically RUDE

trainsdownunder

Only ever dealt with them at exhibitions and found them expensive and generally not helpful. Have steered clear of them since.

Lawrence

Bought a Jap loco from them at Perth a couple of years ago, was showing it to Alex & my dad whilst having a brew and noticed all the detail parts were missing.  Full refund given on the spot, no arguments, no hassles, unfortunately like many vendors they are subject to a fair bit of pilfering which would appear to be the case on this occasion.  Always found them willing to chat and take time to discuss things.  Prices for their Jap stuff are probably just above average.

Claude Dreyfus

My experience was not too bad...

Earlier in the year, they were at a show I attended with Yamanouchi Oshika. I asked if he had any Japanese stuff with him on the Saturday. He did not, as most had gone to another show. He did say he would check and bring some on the Sunday...which duly happened...

Next day, and a Kato EH200 with 5 carriages (incorrect I know!) were obtained for £75.00. That's a pretty good price!

GrahamB

I'm afraid my attempts to do business with them have failed as well although a friend of mine always manages to get discount and is happy with their service.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

dean thom

i placed an order weeks ago...nothing arrived. no email...so i emailed saying i wanted to cancel my order 10 days ago...not heard a peep.

red_death

I've always found David very helpful to deal with (at shows normally) and I have never found him particularly expensive. In fact they often stock lots of useful bits and pieces.

If you are getting no response by email then consider that your email may not have reached them for a myriad of reasons (spam filters etc etc). Follow it up with a polite phone call, but again bear in mind that many small model railway businesses may not be around on a Friday or Monday if they are still travelling to/from a show.

Cheers, Mike

silly moo

I've never used them but I think it's always best to give small/family businesses the benefit of the doubt as anything could have happened, illness, death in the family etc.

I was about to send an eBay seller a real blasting for late delivery of an item, but decided to be polite and learned from him that his elderly father had been taken ill and he'd had to drop everything to help. He could have been making the whole thing up but he seemed genuine.

Regards

Veronica.

H

I seem to recall David saying he's been in hospital for an operation (this year).

H.

I bought a class 46 & 47 from them last year,  47035 didn't work. It was their last one and I really wanted it so when I called them they said they only had one other 47 number 47404 in stock. I was not pleased (not with them) 47035 was defective. I really wanted the Domino headcode one. He said to take the body off and he shipped me 47404's chassis. I returned the defective chassis to them.  This all took place over the Atlantic. Good customer service and did what it took to make me happy.  Their prices were good too (67 pounds each) and I would do business with them again.

Communication with them was hassle free too. Just my one and only experience with them

Jamie

EddieA

Came across their stand at the Perth show today, was looking at some stuff and the staff (assume it was David and one of the 'plus daughters') behind the stand were very friendly and helpful. I came away happy with a few purchases.

"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

H

There certainly seems to be an increased propensity to air what may be issues of misunderstanding or a minor slip up on public forums which can blow the problem out of proportion rather than deal directly with the company/individual concerned for a speedy resolution. But that is the nature of forums - it's often a matter of counting to ten and taking much of what is posted with a pinch of salt.

H.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations