Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: joe cassidy on January 30, 2017, 07:56:56 PM

I had difficulty taking selfies one-handed with my phone this weekend - my other arm was round my girlfriend's shoulders.

See what I mean about using aids - you could have used one of those selfie stick things  :). Mind you, I am not sure what you could use to cuddle your girlfriend  :goggleeyes: :smiley-laughing:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

Thanks Bob.

I haven't discussed it with the Doc yet - I'm just going by the report that came with the X-rays.

I'm just worried that he'll tell me that if I don't take loads of steroids every day, in a few a years my hands will look like chicken's feet.

Best regards,

Joe

scotsoft

I have arthritis in almost every moving joint and I can manage most things to do with n gauge. Those I can't manage I find the mechanical aids mentioned do help with the other things.

Cheers John.

joe cassidy

Quote from: dannyboy on January 30, 2017, 08:03:54 PM
See what I mean about using aids - you could have used one of those selfie stick things  :). Mind you, I am not sure what you could use to cuddle your girlfriend  :goggleeyes: :smiley-laughing:

To quote Marvin Gaye :

"Ain't nothing like the real thing"

Thanks to all for your reassuring words. I'll let you know what the doc says at the end of the week.

Best regards,

Joe

Mito

I too have arthritis in several fingers and in the shoulders coupled with calcified tendons in my arms. If you're into alternative medicine then cider vinegar and honey is worth considering. There is plenty of info on the net about it. Don't take steroids. They will do you more harm than good.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

joe cassidy

Thanks for the words of encouragement Mito.

I've noted :

1) OK for fish and chips at least 3 times per week (with cider vinegar)
2) a glass or two of cider (or something similar) with every meal in case the vinegar doesn't work

Best regards,

Joe

joe cassidy

The Doc confirmed that I have arthritis.

I was hoping that it might be repetitive strain injury but no such luck  :(

Best regards,

Joe

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear that, Joe. :(
I went through decades of serious arthritic pain before getting a replacement hip and all is well now.

dannyboy

I wonder if a replacement hip will help those of us who have arthritic thumbs  ??? ;D. Seriously, glad "all is well" with you now NPN.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

With his artificial hip and bypass surgery, he is being changed into the Million Dollar Man in stages. 😃
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

The fact that the arthritis could spread is the thing that worries me.

If I sleep too long on my side I sometimes feel pain/discomfort in my hips.

Time for another glass of cider vinegar (at the pre-vinegar stage and made from grapes rather than apples).

At least I'm still young in my head !

Best regards,

Joe

Mito

Sorry to hear it's been confirmed. Do try the cider vinegar honey mix.  It does work, albeit slowly. Alcohol is an excellent pain killer. :beers:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

joe cassidy

I'm unhappy about the way that a newcomer to this forum, who unwittingly started a poll about which railway company people prefer, was shot down in flames without anyone explaining to him in a kind way that his poll was unrealistic.

Best regards,

Joe

mr bachmann

totally agree with the above , after all La'al Ratty never got a mention  :( :'(

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on February 07, 2017, 08:58:29 PM
I'm unhappy about the way that a newcomer to this forum, who unwittingly started a poll about which railway company people prefer, was shot down in flames without anyone explaining to him in a kind way that his poll was unrealistic.

Best regards,

Joe

My thoughts entirely, Joe.
OK - the poll was very constrictive in options but the thread subject itself was quite interesting :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations