Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Yeah, you are probably right... but you can go into country pubs and there often multiple doggies in there.

Mind you, pickled eggs are the menu   ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on August 15, 2016, 11:33:13 AM
Well, it is Yorkshire  ;D

Just joking, Yorkshire members!

As a Yorkshireman, I resemble that remark  ;D. Most shops and all food places, both here in Ireland and back home, seem to have signs up stating that dogs are not allowed, except 'assistance' dogs. I appreciate that people need 'assistance' dogs, but a dog is a dog  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

I'm talking about loose ones  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

David.

Bealman

:thumbsup: :laughabovepost:

Hey don't knock pickled eggs, here at the Antipodes I make 'em and attempt to sell 'em.....
except, like woof woofs, they are not allowed in Aussie drinking holes.

Mito

Quote from: Bealman on August 15, 2016, 01:07:58 PM

Hey don't knock pickled eggs, here at the Antipodes I make 'em and attempt to sell 'em.....

I wouldn't want to knock a pickled egg, I might hurt myself. :'(
I think it's a good idea woof woofs are not allowed in holes, they'd have difficulty getting out. :P
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

austinbob

Ok people nuffs enuff. No more yolks about pickled eggs. You've cracked enuff eggs for now. I think you've exceeded the shellf life of these scrambled yolks and need to move on to something more hard boiled...
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

dannyboy

You can just picture it can't you? Bealman pushing his barrow, fork in hand, shouting "Pickled eggs, get yer pickled eggs".  :smiley-laughing:
David.

austinbob

Quote from: dannyboy on August 15, 2016, 06:54:37 PM
You can just picture it can't you? Bealman pushing his barrow, fork in hand, shouting "Pickled eggs, get yer pickled eggs".  :smiley-laughing:
I don't think that's something. I'd want to picture thanks.
:no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Not surprised George has got pickled eggs . . .

. . . . must be all that Aussie beer :D

Paul

Bealman

Webbo

Quote from: Bealman on August 15, 2016, 01:07:58 PM

I recall seeing jars of pickled eggs in Oz pubs in bygone years, but I suppose the risk of explosion with the combination of eggs and beer has caused them to be banned. However, now that smoking is not allowed in Oz pubs, the risk of a nasty accident is greatly diminished.

Not only are there lots of dogs in the UK, but they are litterate and literate too judging by the number of signs posted around the country for their benefit. Some of them are archaeology aficionados indicated by the following sign seen at Skara Brae, a Neolithic village excavation on the Orkney Islands:

Webbo

Mito

Is dog fouling an Orkney sport?
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Webbo

We had our Labrador cross, Kyla, put to sleep a couple of hours ago. She was a wonderful dog and had a very good innings being 2 weeks shy of 17 years old. I am feeling terrible and will miss her greatly.

Webbo

dannyboy

So sorry to hear that Webbo. We have had to have two of our dogs put to sleep, (one is my picture), it's like loosing a member of the family, but at least you have your memories.
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations