Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Quote from: Ozymandias on April 22, 2016, 12:35:23 PM
Quote from: MrDobilina on April 22, 2016, 12:19:20 PM
Quote from: N-Gauge-US on April 22, 2016, 12:11:32 PM
to help defray your moving costs fund your model railway addiction as compensation
FTFY  :P

:laughabovepost:

Very true..! Thanks for all the words of support, guys. :)

I'm kind of resigned to moving now, but trying to view it as the chance to find somewhere even better, with room for the GWR (Gideon's Wildly-overambitious Railway) which is languishing in the garage at former home.

Rents are pretty hideous round my way - I shall just have to restore and sell a lot more locos! ;)

Onwards and upwards!

Move up north, people keep saying its cheaper up here, but being as poor as a church mouse I would not know  :'( :'( :'(

MrDobilina

Time for my own rant.

So my car has been in service since Monday morning 8am.

I was told yes quick easy job (minor coolant leak) - drain coolant, replace some tubing, seal everything, dry, test. 2 days job, here have a courtesy car all under warranty - me thinking brilliant!

I called them today after hearing nothing all week wondering what is going on. The guy who answered says oh yes I can see your car, its currently up in the air missing the entire front with parts all over the place.....

So.....not a 2 day job then, I have a courtesy car which drives like a tank (Ford Eco Sport - dislike intensely), and I need to go away this weekend on a long 5 hour round trip.

I hate not being informed of this kind of stuff when it is clearly going to have an impact on my plans!

The small silver lining is that they have said that it needs £3500 of parts (new engine effectively) and I don't have to pay a penny. But I want my own car back!!!

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: MrDobilina on April 22, 2016, 01:07:32 PM
Time for my own rant.

So my car has been in service since Monday morning 8am.

I was told yes quick easy job (minor coolant leak) - drain coolant, replace some tubing, seal everything, dry, test. 2 days job, here have a courtesy car all under warranty - me thinking brilliant!

I called them today after hearing nothing all week wondering what is going on. The guy who answered says oh yes I can see your car, its currently up in the air missing the entire front with parts all over the place.....

So.....not a 2 day job then, I have a courtesy car which drives like a tank (Ford Eco Sport - dislike intensely), and I need to go away this weekend on a long 5 hour round trip.

I hate not being informed of this kind of stuff when it is clearly going to have an impact on my plans!

The small silver lining is that they have said that it needs £3500 of parts (new engine effectively) and I don't have to pay a penny. But I want my own car back!!!

I'm sorry :/ I can certainly sympathize. My own car has been out of commission for a while and I'm finally getting it worked on now, but I'm terrified of what the final bill will be. At least hopefully when you get your car back, it will be in a condition that will last a good while. :) Would've been nice to have been informed though. His description of it all in pieces must have been a bit of a shock! Thank goodness you don't have to pay for it at least :)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

railsquid

Can someone please invent some kind of "app" for communicating with pre-toddlers? The little blighter has taken to awakening at ungodly hours with unspecified complaints, the usual diagnostics (teething? nappy? hungry? thirsty? hug needed?) don't seem to work any more.  :hmmm:

Ozymandias

Quote from: railsquid on April 22, 2016, 03:10:09 PM
Can someone please invent some kind of "app" for communicating with pre-toddlers? The little blighter has taken to awakening at ungodly hours with unspecified complaints, the usual diagnostics (teething? nappy? hungry? thirsty? hug needed?) don't seem to work any more.  :hmmm:

He/she has probably seen your trains and wants to play! ;)
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Steve Brassett

And can you make it work with puppies, as well?

MrDobilina

Quote from: Steve Brassett on April 22, 2016, 03:16:04 PM
And can you make it work with puppies, as well?

I can't make it work with cats let alone kids!

steve836

When ours were small I found that holding them by one leg and tapping their heads against the wall seemed to soothe them to sleep. :D (where's that "devil" emoticon thingy)
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

N-Gauge-US

Sounds like he just wants some attention, which is pretty common. At some point, you just have to put in ear plugs and let them cry it out and eventually they will sleep through the night, I've heard. Not exactly pleasant and some parents can't bring themselves to do it until the child is old enough to talk, but letting them cry in the middle of the night is apparently part of having a baby. Lol Certainly not the part I'm looking forward to! I hope Squiddy JR starts sleeping a little more soundly, soon, as I'm sure you're going crazy getting up and down in the night!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Bealman

Having had three, I must have been through that, but it's so long ago I can't remember.

Either that or it's Freudian repression  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on April 22, 2016, 07:29:19 PM

Sounds like he just wants some attention, which is pretty common. At some point, you just have to put in ear plugs and let them cry it out and eventually they will sleep through the night, I've heard. Not exactly pleasant and some parents can't bring themselves to do it until the child is old enough to talk, but letting them cry in the middle of the night is apparently part of having a baby. Lol Certainly not the part I'm looking forward to!

A word of meta-advice then - all advice you receive concerning your baby will not actually apply to your baby as he/she will have his/her own way of doing things which will not fit into any of the Official Charts/Timelines or the experience of people advising you.

In particular, regarding the baby's grandparents:
Quote from: Bealman on April 22, 2016, 11:40:46 PM
Having had three, I must have been through that, but it's so long ago I can't remember.
their memories will be so outdated and confused that pretty much any advice is guaranteed to be hopelessly wrong.

Mito

I think we had a baby once but I can't be sure. :D
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Oldman

Railsquid after 5 grandchildren and the fact the oldest 2 are of an age to produce great-grandchildren I am now worried :doh:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

MrDobilina

As I mentioned in here recently my car is in for servicing, this has turned into a brand new engine being fitted but the silver lining is that I don't have to pay for it.

The down side is that today I called up to see progress as it's been with them for 12 days now and last Friday they said the new engine was being fitted as we spoke, the front was all off and the new engine was being prepped.

Today however they have told me that the car still isn't ready and won't be ready until the middle to end of next week  :veryangry: :censored:

Whilst I agree this is just an inconvenience it does mean I am still lumbered with a car that does much less miles per gallon and is a nightmare to park as it has a whole wheel on the back of it, not to mention it is at least 1.5x the height of my normal car and feels weird to drive.

I really should have asked if they'd replace the front tires by way of compensating me for the amount of time spent  :censored:ing around with my car :veryangry2:

Oldman

??? Probably nothing to worry about but am nervous about my hospital scan later this morning. I just hate the places
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations