Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Asquith

Good luck for the 19th Mick and Malc

regards

Dave

dannyboy

Sorry to hear of your problems RST. I know it is easy for me to say as, fortunately, I have never been unemployed, although a fair few 'not good' things have happened over the last couple of years - but for anyone to appreciate the good things in life, they have to experience some bad. Good luck to you.  :beers: David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

What are your skills RST and are you willing to re-locate? I have a lot of good contacts including agencies down this way.

Mick & Malc, good luck to both of you. I know you think you have serious issues but they're nothing compared to the man flu I've had for 3 weeks now. Seriously though, get well soon and I expect to see you both posting on here on the 20th  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

DELETED

Quote from: Trainfish on January 06, 2016, 10:35:20 PM
What are your skills RST and are you willing to re-locate? I have a ghtlot of good contacts including agencies down this way.

I've been trying to Checmove "down south of the border" for years now.  I have allsorts of experience but little/no civils so no flooding checks. ID Checjecks etc.

Trainfish

I've got a maintenance/handyman position vacant at the moment. Pay isn't great but better than nowt.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

DELETED

Quote from: Trainfish on January 07, 2016, 01:36:56 AM
I've got a maintenance/handyman position vacant at the moment. Pay isn't great but better than nowt.

...cant tell you how many jobs the same I went for this spec.  Truth is they only want a guy already doing this.  This type of thing would be great for me but -impossible to convince them I wouldn't move-off later which just isn't the  case or worse, they are outside my area so cant make commute work. It's a nightmare situation.

daveg

Best wishes and the very best of luck to all that are starting the new year with health and/or work challenges.

I'm now retired but I started work back in 1964 and over the ensuing 50+years I was made redundant 6 times. At one point I was veryclose to losing my home and that, I truly know, is a horrible situation.

Stick with it RST. There is an organisation out there that is looking for you to do what you do best. That happened to me and I spent the last 13 years of my working life with a great company.

All the best!

Dave G

Newportnobby

So sorry to read about your situation, Rich, and can only hope things will improve very soon.
It's worthwhile having a few differing CV's dependent on what job you're after. When I was made redundant I applied for jobs like garage forecourt attendant etc and couldn't understand why I couldn't nail such a job but soon came to realise my CV over-qualified me and the company knew I wouldn't stay in the job if something better came up. As I was prepared to do almost anything just to work and pay bills, I kept a suitably 'dumbed down' CV for such posts.

Milton Rail

Sorry to hear about your situation, I am oil & gas too & it has been a brutal couple of years & no end in sight - hope you get a good start to 2016, I assume you have contacts with the usual suite of agencies that service the oil industry.  Good luck

Cheers,
Andrew
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on January 06, 2016, 03:58:25 PM
Well - Hookey (the cat) showed his feelings in no uncertain terms by laying an enormous, ,, in the cat basket on the way back home.
Needless to say he's fast asleep on my bed now ::)
good job (!) he was not really really displeased with you else he may have done things in reverse order (odure? , -gosh that even taxed google !! haha) and your bed would have been unspeakable !

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: newportnobby on January 06, 2016, 12:05:43 PM
Having taken the cat to the cattery yesterday, and having psyched myself up for a triple by pass operation tomorrow, I've just had a call to say the master cutter is ill and my op won't occur until 19th Jan. Now to go and collect the cat again. Poor little bugger will wonder what the hell he's done to deserve this.
Only those who have been in the same boat will know how I feel about it all.
Still - at least the house has been dusted, vacuumed etc to within an inch of its life.

I was just poking through your posts to see if you'd gotten on alright. Sorry about the delay :/ Still wishing you the best with your operation! I hope you've made the best of these extra few pre-surgery days to get some good train time in :)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Oldman

More potential train money spent on other things.
Just taxed the car for another year!
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

jonclox

:veryangry: :veryangry: I knew I was getting off lightly this winter but Ive had to give in and start a course of antibiotics over the weekend  :censored:
Still the last time I needed to use any was back in May last year :scowl:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

scotsoft

Quote from: jonclox on February 08, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
:veryangry: :veryangry: I knew I was getting off lightly this winter but Ive had to give in and start a course of antibiotics over the weekend  :censored:

That can't be too bad considering the rotten weather we have had. I hope this will be your first and last lot for a long time  ;)

Cheers John.

Oldman

Quote from: jonclox on February 08, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
You have done better than me, not on any yet this year but spent Xmas and new year on them.

On a different note just had to open the window and now feeling cold but is better than superglue fumes
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations