Pullman coaches.

Started by Phoenix, April 21, 2018, 02:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLD

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 21, 2018, 09:06:49 PM
There was a 'modern' Pullman brake coach made for the Farish Collectors Club but I don't know whether there was a prototype or whether it was a ficticious one.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzGW2xXa_Y
It is an accurate model of a present day fake! It is a standard mk1 brake dressed up to look like a Pullman owned by one of the charter companies...

Phoenix

:NGF:  :thumbsup:  :NGF:

Thanks for all this info.

I did not realise Bramshot, that you are the guy developing the couplings. What an awesome project.... one to be proud off  :D

That Brake coach Mick, is beautiful.  :drool:  I looked it up, and yes it is "pretend" but nevertheless, how fabulous would it look at the end of a rake being pulled by the Flying Scotsman ?

I must track one down, and work out how many organs to sell to get one  :goggleeyes:

With all best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

:laugh3: I WANT ONE  :laugh3:

Bramshot

Phoenix, sorry, but you lost me there. I am not developing any couplings.

Phoenix

:sorrysign:  :-[  :sorrysign:

I do beg your pardon, I was getting in a muddle confusing Belstone with Bramshot.

So sorry about that, and thank you for your help  :thumbsup:

Next quest is tracking down this little beauty .......

With kind regards and all best wishes
Kevin

Bingley Hall

Quote from: Phoenix on April 21, 2018, 12:58:11 PM
Hi PLD,

Many thanks for your reply ..... that explains why the last couple of hours hasn't turned up any brake cars  :doh: :doh:

I have found this on Ebay, so if I get it, would it be appropriate ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graham-Farish-0656-N-Gauge-PULLMAN-Brake-End-Composite-Diner-FORTUNA/323209594308?epid=675815567&hash=item4b40cb05c4:g:43cAAOSwbihaKtK6

With all best wishes
Kevin
That's not a bad price. These go for around 28 squids on Hattons pre-owned site.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Phoenix on April 21, 2018, 11:12:23 PM

That Brake coach Mick, is beautiful.  :drool:  I looked it up, and yes it is "pretend" but nevertheless, how fabulous would it look at the end of a rake being pulled by the Flying Scotsman ?

I must track one down, and work out how many organs to sell to get one  :goggleeyes:

:laugh3: I WANT ONE  :laugh3:

My work here is done :D

Ben A

Hi all,

I don't know much about 1950s and 1960s era Pullmans, but the BCK mentioned above produced as a Bachmann Collector's Club model represents a vehicle repainted for use by SLOA (Steam Locomotive Operator's Association) on rail charters in the 1980s.

See here:  https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SLOA+charter+rail&prmd=nmsiv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivzNmp_c3aAhUSfMAKHdYCDvMQ_AUIFCgE&biw=1024&bih=649#imgrc=XkF9IRAz4OfStM:

It was certainly not a fictitious livery, however it may not be strictly correct for the OP's intended use.

Cheers

Ben A.

Phoenix

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for that  :thumbsup:

In this hobby we, or at least I, am learning all the time. In trying to find an appropriate Pullman rake for 50s 60s era I discovered there was no brake car  :hmmm:

Western Region Choc / Cream were used, (And apparently some were "Misapropriated" by other companys ).The Bournemouth Belle used Maroon, and later Blue / Grey.

Also I believe some older wooden sided Pullman cars were used, and it is one of those I will be buying.

The collectors club BCK is awesome, and when I said "Pretend" it's not really the right word  :-[, I meant it did not exit in my era ....... I still want one though !

Other info I found out is the first Pullman coach in the UK ran in 1874, and there is a special Pullman Loaf, because of the small kitchens it is smaller and baked in square tins with lids.

With all best wishes
Kevin

Rabbitaway

The collectors club Pullman brake's are usually mad money on eBay

Good luck in finding one for less than £80

Phoenix

:claphappy: Yay  :claphappy:

Instead of "I want one !" thanks to a member here it is now "I've got one !"  :D

Looks fabulous behind "Flying Scotsman" with the First Kitchen, and Second Salon. ( I have got a first salon on pre-order, to be expected in October )

I know that rake would not have existed in the 50's 60's as the Pullman break was a repainted vehicle for charter trains in the 80's,......but it does look good  ;D  ;)  ;D

All best wishes
Kevin

PS Sorry the photos are a bit fuzzy  :-[

weave

Hi Kevin,

Looks great. Hope you got mate's rates  ;).

Just to warn you that we are house hunting from 'ampshire to go further West and saw a lovely place on Friday in Buckland Ripers, near Nottington (you probably know that), so a Weymouth old tramway pub crawl could be on the cards  :).

Very pleased for your purchase.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Phoenix

Hi Weave,

The asking price was a little bit lower than I was aiming to pay, so I actually rounded it up, and paid what was still a fair price  ;D

The only thing I was a bit disappointed with, was that it was in an ordinary cardboard box, with that clear plastic "wrap around" insert. For a special collectors club piece, I thought it would at least be in one of those hard plastic boxes with a foam insert, but hey ho .... we run the coaches not the boxes  :D :D

If you are heading this way, it would be a pleasure  to meet up.

Here's where I live ........ http://www.weymouth-harbour.co.uk/

and if you are in the area house hunting, pop by would be great to see you  :thumbsup:

All best wishes
Kevin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations