Furious!!!

Started by cudders, June 12, 2011, 12:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudders

Got the journal and a local chap was advertising some wagons.

Called him arranged to go to view/buy. Cool.. he then calls me back to say someone called to buy them all so he sold them to them!!!

What a total @@@@@@@@@

What did he think I was going for!!

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Tank

klaatu

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. He had a guaranteed sale to the guy who got there first. And he did call you back to save you the trouble of going. What did you expect him to do, hang on to them with the possibility that you wouldn't buy them, and then end up with them unsold?

Steve

Roy L S

Hi Cudders

I think it must depend on the basis of your discussion with the seller.

If he had said he would hold them for you to go and view before looking to sell to anyone else then I think you would have some justification for being a bit aggrieved, but if you didn't reach any such understanding, then I think he was fully entitled to sell them to the first person who made an acceptable offer, and he did at least come back to you to let you know rather than let you make a wasted journey.

Regards

Roy

cudders

Quote from: klaatu on June 12, 2011, 02:20:26 PM
That seems perfectly reasonable to me. He had a guaranteed sale to the guy who got there first. And he did call you back to save you the trouble of going. What did you expect him to do, hang on to them with the possibility that you wouldn't buy them, and then end up with them unsold?

Steve

Reasonable? Are you serious? I already said i wanted them!!!!

Clearly you have no sense of fair play.

Cudders

cudders

Quote from: Roy L S on June 12, 2011, 02:49:36 PM
Hi Cudders

I think it must depend on the basis of your discussion with the seller.

If he had said he would hold them for you to go and view before looking to sell to anyone else then I think you would have some justification for being a bit aggrieved, but if you didn't reach any such understanding, then I think he was fully entitled to sell them to the first person who made an acceptable offer, and he did at least come back to you to let you know rather than let you make a wasted journey.

Regards

Roy

When i first called he had guests so didnt want to discuss money. He then called me back to give me the s'dding directions and agreed a time to come for them. Then he just sells them anyway..A total pr@@'''.

Cudders

Roy L S

Ah, I see, well that's probably a bit different.  If you had agreed to buy them and the only issue was sorting out a time for collection and payment I can quite understand your frustration.

Regards

Roy

klaatu

Quote from: cudders on June 12, 2011, 06:05:16 PMReasonable? Are you serious? I already said i wanted them!!!!
In that case, you might have made that clear in your first post, where you used the word "view".

Steve

tadpole

Did you actually "shake on the deal" on the phone, or not?
And did both of you see it it that way, and clearly state as much?
That's what it comes down to in the end, I'm afraid.
Fair play, just like hard business, does require clarity and mutual understanding.
Two rails good. Three better.

cudders

Well seems a gentlemans agreement doesn't stick with everyone.

I will be able to get wagons of course. Just gets my goat when you agree to meet and buy them and he then does this. Kazumping a'la housesales me thinks.

Nice guy..NOT

Cudders

longbridge

I know how you feel Cudders, I drove 180 km to buy a British Lowe shortwave radio and when I got there the chaps Wife said he sold it so someone else and he had to go to work, he knew I was coming because I spoke to him on the phone the night before, hence another 180 km trip home with Led Zepplin turned up full bore on the car stereo.

These things happen and there is nothing we can do about it.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations