Dapol, Your chance to tell them what you'd like them to make

Started by scruff, April 15, 2011, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbeast

I know its really niche.. and its not even my era or geographical location, and I've never seen one except in pictures (like I care) BUT.. I would love to see a class 28 Metrovick, you could even do a boxed set with a pair and some wagons for the "Condor" service.

Graham

Sailor Charon

Quote from: grumbeast on April 29, 2011, 01:21:32 PM
I know its really niche.. and its not even my era or geographical location, and I've never seen one except in pictures (like I care) BUT.. I would love to see a class 28 Metrovick, you could even do a boxed set with a pair and some wagons for the "Condor" service.

Graham
It's certainly got character... I'm sure I could find an excuse to have a 'wonderloaf' on my layout. Just have to hope that the one that Hattons have commisioned gets shrunk.
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

painbrook

lancastrian , so the 'iivvaatt' would be nice , even with a tender , ( be honest farish have faffed about for ever ) .
for new it would have to be an , 'unrebuilt patriot' . i wonder though if 'dapol' could suprise us with  a 'terrior' , why not a little 'pug/dock' 0-4-0 . must be a market for a 'really useful engine' . ;) . chhers john .

D306Whistler

Talking of small engines/switchers. I'm surprised no-one has bothered to make a Class 06 0-4-0 Shunter for those that model the modern era stuff. Its possible to make the Class 06 as I think (Fujimi?) have done a mine train set which is a 0-4-0 switcher and mine wagons. So a Class 06, and the smaller steam engines could be easily made using the same compact motor ;). I asked for the Class 92 as I badly need one and the trail on the Dapol Class 92 progress seems to have gone cold :(. I really do hope they make one and have not dropped the project as I am sure I am not the only person that requires one for their model railway ;).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

matt-b

not to fussed what models they make, i take them as they come, but what i would like to see a improvement on is maybe a better front couplier, i know models come with detailing packs, but working with bachmann couldnt they design somethink that looks better them the big buckle eye one that is used at the mo.

just out of interest how old is that design?

:NGaugeForum:

MJKERR

Quote from: matt-b on April 30, 2011, 10:41:34 AMworking with bachmann couldnt they design somethink that looks better them the big buckle eye one that is used at the mo
As I understand it BachFar are due to issue an optional new style coupling shortly (cough, could be waiting a while if other deadlines are anything to go by) and eventually this will become standard
When it does go standard this could present issues with older rolling stock, but I assume they will offer the older (current style) as an optional fitting for the socket, which are already being supplied and fitted on current releases

poliss

The Rapido coupler was invented in 1964. See http://www.guidetozscale.com/html/the_rapido_coupler.html
It says on the Bachmann website that the 78501, 78502 and 78503 E-Z Mate magnetic couplers are due in Sept/October. I'll believe it when I see it.

Pete Mc

I am currently waiting with a huge amount of anticipation for the new Dapol HST.Now when i was s kid,i had an APT in the later livery.
This was a Hornby OO gauge,still have it to this day,so that would be my wish to the nice chap at Dapol.
Please,please,please make one.
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

upnick

Like to see Dapol  make loco  (deisels) where the contacts to the chassis are accessable  without  having to disassemble the chassis as Atlas /Kato  are running the length  on the chassis problems with contact  are solved  in  no time with both manufacturers.
This is one reason why i   sold all  my  Dapol   locos i   installed DCC  in several   &  had nothing but  problems with them.

H

Quote from: D306Whistler on April 29, 2011, 09:00:55 PMI asked for the Class 92 as I badly need one and the trail on the Dapol Class 92 progress seems to have gone cold

When I last spoke with Dapol Dave (this year) he confirmed that the class 92 was still going ahead. It's just that there are other projects in front of it and they keep letting those kettle things (like the Hall) unfairly jump the queue.

H.

port perran

I would very much like a D63XX (which in modern speak is, I believe, a Class 22). Just right for my Cornish branch line !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

I agree with Port Perran. The Dapol catalogue shows an 00 Class 22 and I'd love an N gauge version to complete my set of Western hydraulics (I have 2 Westerns, 2 Warships and 2 Hymeks). Mind you, I am basing my layout on a sort of Oxford, where you could see virtually anything turn up, except maybe from Scotland! I also asked for re-release of the Q1 in BR guise and the Siphons. I've always found Dapol Dave to be very good at responding to direct enquiries.

cudders

Hmm,

A J50 would be nice.. also a C12 or C14... LNER livery of course!

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Dr Al

Quote from: cudders on May 31, 2011, 09:02:58 PM
Hmm,

A J50 would be nice.. also a C12 or C14... LNER livery of course!

Cudders

No! I've just built a J50, and have a C14 ongoing.......!!!  :smiley-laughing:

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

EtchedPixels

Quote from: newportnobby on May 31, 2011, 03:54:10 PM
I agree with Port Perran. The Dapol catalogue shows an 00 Class 22 and I'd love an N gauge version to complete my set of Western hydraulics (I have 2 Westerns, 2 Warships and 2 Hymeks). Mind you, I am basing my layout on a sort of Oxford, where you could see virtually anything turn up, except maybe from Scotland! I also asked for re-release of the Q1 in BR guise and the Siphons. I've always found Dapol Dave to be very good at responding to direct enquiries.

Don't forget the 14 and the other hydraulics - D600 etc !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations