Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on July 11, 2017, 11:42:05 PM
I too fell prey to the recent discounts! I wanted to buy so much more, as is this was too much. Currently running in the Dutch livery Class 37...wow...so good looking and is smooth and quiet. So far, so good!

The Class 55 is gorgeous. Haven't run it in, but can't wait.

The Bachmann NW2s below are all slightly older purchases. DCC fitted, they are going to be a part of my first step into repainting. I've had decals of a local switching company made. The local company has three 1939 former Navy NW2s in service. The Southern Switching Company. I plan to do a wacky split-scene where about 1/3 or 1/4 of the layout will be a modern local scene, and then I want to segue the rest of layout into a British Countryside scene, heavily employing Rule 1. Since I didn't grow up in the UK, but am simply fascinated with it, I decided to run what looks cool on a given day.

Some very nice locos and i love the 37.   :thumbsup:

Steamie+

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on July 10, 2017, 04:42:20 PM

Pinza.

Thought it would be rude not to at only £67.50, brand spanking new from Rails.

Got mine from Hattons for less, new has well, they did me a deal because of what i had bought of them.

Some really great prices at the moment if you are prepared to look.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SymonC

daveg

johnlambert

Finally got some DJM Mermaid ballast wagons.  They are superb but really benefit from different couplings as this picture should illustrate (same wagons but straight out of the box).

Now fitted with shorter couplings (and one Dapol Easi-Shunt).

Skyline2uk

My first ever set of new tooling coaches (MK2s in lovely NSE).

Another pic on the Filton thread.

Skyline2uk

paulprice

Well a chance visit to a local "box shifter" resulted in me walking away with these for £6 each.

All I have to do now is find the box with the other dozen or so I have and get them weathered :)

NeMo

That's a really nice scene you've modelled there, @paulprice. We don't see a lot of nicely done  steam-era layouts, and when they're done, they're more often than not quaint branch lines. Seeing something a bit more gritty makes a pleasant change. Do you have some more photos of your layout? On a thread of its own maybe?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

railsquid

Quote from: NeMo on July 23, 2017, 10:34:19 PM
That's a really nice scene you've modelled there, @paulprice. We don't see a lot of nicely done  steam-era layouts, and when they're done, they're more often than not quaint branch lines. Seeing something a bit more gritty makes a pleasant change. Do you have some more photos of your layout? On a thread of its own maybe?

Cheers, NeMo

Is 94 pages enough?  :beers:

paulprice

Cheers, NeMo

NeMo

Thanks but you will regret asking for pictures of my layout Foster Street

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=26431.msg456007#msg456007

paulprice

Quote from: railsquid on July 24, 2017, 12:37:49 AM

Cheers, NeMo

Is 94 pages enough?  :beers:

I think its more than enough

ChrisWV10

Another 'Pinza' bargain... and in common with everyone else, photo'd on unitrack ...

and a Dutch liveried 37 to go with it...

Went on a trip to Peterborough on Saturday. I left there 25 years ago and never went back but thought trains4u would be worth a visit if only because they're the only vendor I've found with supplies of Javis N scale hedges. Browsing their second hand cabinets I found this for the princely sum of £5.

C :)

railsquid

My favourite Tokyo basement purveyor of overseas 2nd hand N gauge has recently re-evaluated some of its overpriced stock, and this very battered pantograph-less and immobile Dapol 86 was had for a tenner or so...

dapol-86606 by Rail Squid, on Flickr
It will serve as a test bed for Dapol loco restoration techniques, or at worst as a parts donor.

NeMo

I had one of these when Dapol were selling them off at £25 a pop. Ultimately repainted it into BR blue, but this Freightliner livery is actually rather lovely. Understated, but suits the loco really well. There's a Class 90 that I see periodically still running in this livery -- or at least was a couple of years ago.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

RailGooner

Been buying lots over the past months, with these two being my standout buys.

Graham Farish 371-171 Class 37 421 Colas bought new from TrackShack. I think Colas has to be my favourite livery right now and you gotta love 37s!

Gaugemaster / Dapol DAGM221 Class 66 711 'Sence' GBRf Aggregate Industries bought new from Gaugemaster.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations