Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

Newportnobby

Makes me feel a bit  :sick2: when I think what I paid for mine 3 or so years ago :'(

paulprice

austinbob

I got one, but not at that price. Groans.....    :'(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

Quote from: escafeld on July 10, 2017, 08:37:54 PM
Popped into Rails earlier and came away with a Deltic and some mermaids

Nice!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Shiney Sheff

Quote from: austinbob on July 10, 2017, 07:31:53 PM

Did you buy it direct from the rails website?,  it was £79.50 on rails vault ebay site.

Les1952

My first pair of mermaids, the Dapol grampus behind them are about 6 months old.

I've swapped the coupler heads on the mermaids for shorter ones.  Four more mermaids of different colours still on order so I will possibly need eight more coupler heads- note to self- get another pack into stock....

austinbob

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on July 10, 2017, 08:45:43 PM
Quote from: austinbob on July 10, 2017, 07:31:53 PM

Did you buy it direct from the rails website?,  it was £79.50 on rails vault ebay site.
No I bought it from my Model shop some time ago. I won't tell you the price.... Tis a nice loco though.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Skyline2uk

I have been a naughty boy!

As impulse buys go, this was a faily big one....

But it was a case of love at first sight when it popped up on West Coast Resprays Facebook page.

I wanted a Coal 60 and some of Anthony's work, so the fact this was a non-standard Farish 60 (60046 complete with correct depot plaques), made it a no-brainier.

Was offered from Colletts via West Coast, new venture whereby shop stock is re-worked and sold direct.

Great service too, really well packaged, so she runs sweet as a nut.

Filton TMD thread update to follow at some point  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

port perran

Ot my era but it certainly looks very good indeed
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

I too fell prey to the recent discounts! I wanted to buy so much more, as is this was too much. Currently running in the Dutch livery Class 37...wow...so good looking and is smooth and quiet. So far, so good!

The Class 55 is gorgeous. Haven't run it in, but can't wait.

The Bachmann NW2s below are all slightly older purchases. DCC fitted, they are going to be a part of my first step into repainting. I've had decals of a local switching company made. The local company has three 1939 former Navy NW2s in service. The Southern Switching Company. I plan to do a wacky split-scene where about 1/3 or 1/4 of the layout will be a modern local scene, and then I want to segue the rest of layout into a British Countryside scene, heavily employing Rule 1. Since I didn't grow up in the UK, but am simply fascinated with it, I decided to run what looks cool on a given day.

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

RailGooner

Loving all these 37s. :heart2: I'm trying to resist 37514, but I've accepted as fact that I will crack. It's just a question of when - I'm slightly distracted by a classy SNCF number at the moment. :whistle:

Your layout plan sounds very interesting Scott - I look forward to following progress.

scottmitchell74

Yeah, those 37s are just beautiful. I want them all. I have children, though.  :)

The plan...is coming.  :D It's in my head and now I just have to be brave enough to start the wood work.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Webbo

I think the 37 is the best looking UK diesel shapewise. My one and only UK diesel is Pinza (class 55) which I agree looks gorgeous in its livery. Out of the box, Pinza #1 ran beautifully until it suddenly stopped forever after 1/2 hour of running in. Pinza #2, its replacement, also runs beautifully and there are no problems on the horizon with it.

Like you, I'm not at all worried about running UK equipment on my dominantly North American layout. Looking forward to seeing your stuff in action.

Webbo

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations