Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

mickster04

Patriot made it's way safely to NZ today!

My first 66 and I don't think it'll be my last based on this example well done all involved!

Newportnobby

At 'just' £84.50 from Rails of Sheffield it would have been very rude of me not to indulge so 'ere tis.
The finish is not so much weathered as matted down and I really like it

Silky smooth straight from the box, and here she is on a short parcels..............

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt2htu7rtjkhxbk/Farish%20weathered%20Jubilee%20on%20parcels.MOV?dl=0

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2017, 11:58:49 AM
At 'just' £84.50 from Rails of Sheffield it would have been very rude of me not to indulge so 'ere tis.
The finish is not so much weathered as matted down and I really like it

Silky smooth straight from the box, and here she is on a short parcels..............

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt2htu7rtjkhxbk/Farish%20weathered%20Jubilee%20on%20parcels.MOV?dl=0

I wonder if I can justify another Jube??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on June 17, 2017, 04:36:36 PM

I wonder if I can justify another Jube??? :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

The price is right - come on down.
But would you leave it green? :hmmm:

paulprice

Quote from: newportnobby on June 17, 2017, 05:10:16 PM
Quote from: paulprice on June 17, 2017, 04:36:36 PM

The price is right - come on down.
But would you leave it green? :hmmm:
it would need a total repaint

oreamnos

Admittedly not rolling stock, but it holds rolling stock!

This is a "Park 'N' Go" case which I just received from Hattons "pre-owned."  Total price was £42 (which is minus VAT, but plus £9 p+p to California).

I'd never seen (or heard of) these before, but since it looked ideal to take stock to and from exhibitions, I purchased it.

Having received and examined it, I have to say it is very sturdy and well made, and does exactly "what it says on the tin" extremely well.  I figure I can fit 3 proper sized train consists within it and having loaded it up and tested it by swinging it about (I admit I haven't tried dropping it, although the latches seem very secure), the stock has been kept snug and safe within.  It will do nicely!

I've since looked for these cases on the internet since I could use one more and they are still being made and can be purchased here:  https://parkwood-arts.co.uk/product/park-n-go-model-rail-case/
(Usual disclaimer: I have no connection with the manufacturer, except as a very pleased purchaser of a second-hand case made by it.)

Highly recommended to anyone who needs a safe and secure way to transport their stock.  Pictures below of my almost-full case.

Matt

Portpatrick

Poor photo, but done in a hurry on my phone in the clubroom

Union Mills Prince of Wales, in LNWR livery, the latest release from Colin Heard.  Fabulous runner ,, as ever, straight from the box (lesson for others?).  I suspect his reject rate is minimal as well.  Tough, robust.  Excellent response to the controller.  Only had 4 coaches on it , will load test another day.

paulprice

Well I spent a brilliant week with the Domestic Overlord in Cornwall last week, and after a visit to Mevagissey and the World of Train I walked away with this.

It was the last one they had and at £90, was a total bargain.

All I have to do now is repaint the bolsters in LMS grey, add some bolsters and fit some girders and I can confine the tank castings to the "what to do with box".

The only problem now is, what to do with 8, 4F's but then again with bargains like this it would be rude not to take advantage.

Westbury

Arnold HN2307 – Loco1046,  ÖBB Version in Red/Grey

A bit dusty out of the box but for £28.83 inc delivery from Amazon not gonna complain :-)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Remind me again, why do I need a green Warship? I guess it would have been rude not to, at the price. Couple of 2nd-hand coaches fell into the shopping cart too.

Class 42 Warship D832 Onslaught by Rail Squid, on Flickr

daveg

What a well-mannered chap you are, squiddy!

Nicely done.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Westbury on June 26, 2017, 10:32:09 AM
Arnold HN2307 – Loco1046,  ÖBB Version in Red/Grey
A bit dusty out of the box but for £28.83 inc delivery from Amazon not gonna complain :-)
Strange - both of mine were absolutely mint untouched still sealed in the box.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations