Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

It didn't just fall out of the ugly tree. It hit every branch on the way down :sick2:

DCCDave

Arrived today, on of Dapol's new Fruit D vans. This one is in BR Bauxite and after the application of some filth will join a parcels consist.

I've fitted the supplied knuckle couplings to both ends.

Sorry about the photo, iPhone with flash is just too aggressive..

Cheers
Dave

Jerry Howlett

Very nice model may have to invest in a few...
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Bealman

EP said it brilliantly. A Q1 in modern guise.

Good one, mate!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

H

I wouldn't say the Q1 is ugly. Brutish maybe, but certainly functional, powerful and handsome. Not all prissy like GWR locos with their girly polished brass and nancy copper embelishments.  ;)

H.

Greybeema

As the Class 70 has made one visit to Thamesport on a Leeds to Thamesport Intermodal - I could (just about) justify one however if N Gauge Bob offers a Class 465 Networker soon, I would spend me money on that...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: H on May 05, 2013, 03:22:22 PM
I wouldn't say the Q1 is ugly. Brutish maybe, but certainly functional, powerful and handsome. Not all prissy like GWR locos with their girly polished brass and nancy copper embelishments.  ;)

H.

Brutish but BRITISH!!
I still have a Farish/langley version that I got on e bay for £20 a few years back. As kids we called the real things Biscuit barrels.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

anselm

A Dapol 9F Evening Star.   

Last year Dapol were unable to repair my Dapol 9F Evening Star and gave me a refund.  On Saturday I spotted a new one in the Bournemouth Model Railway Centre shop and got it for £99 (more than I paid for the original but good value for me).  If anyone is interested there is at least one other for sale.

Ian  :bounce:

H

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on May 05, 2013, 04:58:11 PM

Brutish but BRITISH

Brutish AND British, and with the Bulldog spirit looks.  :)

H.

petercharlesfagg

Friends,
My latest requisition:-

In your opinion is a pig in a poke or does it have potential?

It will probably require a complete overhaul, if not that the dust removal should help it's looks greatly!

I bought it because I liked the shape and the colour. 

Want a giggle?  Originally I thought that when adverts had BR in them it meant British Racing green!  The BR Green is not a pleasing colour to my eyes anyway, I am colourblind so a Blue loco is great!

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Paddy

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on May 07, 2013, 10:38:45 AM
Friends,
My latest requisition:-

It will probably require a complete overhaul, if not that the dust removal should help it's looks greatly!

I bought it because I liked the shape and the colour. 

Want a giggle?  Originally I thought that when adverts had BR in them it meant British Racing green!  The BR Green is not a pleasing colour to my eyes anyway, I am colourblind so a Blue loco is great!

Regards, Peter.

Hi Peter,

Nice looking loco especially in blue - I have a King in "British Racing Green"!  ;)

By today's standards not the most detailed loco but they have a certain charm.  I am sure the new Castle will be a reality check for us though.

My King pulls well and behind a set of chocolate and cream coaches looks good.

Enjoy

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

H

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on May 07, 2013, 10:38:45 AM

Everything has potential for improvement even if it starts as a PIAP.

It is an older Poole designed model but appears to be a Chinese produced one so should have finer profile blackened wheels and a better paint finish. You could add details (like handrails, etc) and sort out that malnorished front bogie wheelset/truck.

H.

Bealman

Peter: I think it's lovely. The BR blue was indeed a short- lived livery, but it has always looked smart in my humble opinion. I personally love the old Brunswick Green livery... the only colour for a diesel! But I stir people on here all the time about that.

Paddy is quite correct that the new model will have us thinking, but hey, from the usual viewing distance, ???? If it runs well it's Ok with me!! Especially when you are building a layout! Get it runnin' then worry about the locos!

Cheers, George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Phil Hendry

What have I done? ...

My first Shapeways order - a pillbox (well, it seemed like a good idea - can be decaying beside the line, as per 2010 or so) and a Harsco rail grinder.  I have a couple of suitable Tomix tram chassis for the rail grinder, and the pillbox doesn't need one!

Cheers,
Phil

I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: H on May 07, 2013, 10:57:30 AM

You could add details (like handrails, etc) and sort out that malnorished front bogie wheelset/truck.

H.
Thankyou "H"?

I would really like to improve anything that makes it look better, run better etc. but I am not super detail person!

Would you perhaps enlarge upon your suggestion as to how and where I source such items ready made, my eyesight and my shaking hands  are such that I couldn't imagine making them myself?

Regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations