Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geofff and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

longbridge

Lovely looking loco and coach Alex, a great buy  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Picked up these two nice little locos yesterday, Dapol 14xx with Autocoach and Farish 94xx, funny really that I was creating an LMS layout but 4 out of the last 6 have been GWR engines, may have to modify my thinking and make it another Preserved Railway.

Even though I grew up with LMS at my back door I have fond memories of trips to the South Coast, Snow Hill Station, Wales and Stratford on Avon to visit family, I think I saw most classes that were around in the 1950s

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

upnick

Superb  buy Peter I have two of the RS2' s from  Walthers both i  converted to DCC  after running in,  they are beautifully  smooth running   locos.    :claphappy: :claphappy:

Life Like make them for Walthers    :thumbsup:

Bealman

Dave - yeah, you have been getting into Western Region purchases of late. Looks like your Midland railway is headin' out west, Rawhide!

Like the blood & custard autocoach! Chimney on the loco looks a bit wonky, though, or is it just camera angle?

Cheers, George.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Alex

Well done Alex and Dave for some nice looking engines and coaches. Not bought any engines for a while now.

Alex :wave:

upnick

One of several  resin  wagon  bodies   purchased from  Gramodels,  mounted  on  a Peco  chassis  with Kato  couplers lick  of paint  &  a thin wash  of  matt black  to highlight the detail  once it's weathered / lettered finally  ready for the layout  ;)

Alex

longbridge

Quote from: bealman on March 31, 2013, 05:05:09 AM
Dave - yeah, you have been getting into Western Region purchases of late. Looks like your Midland railway is headin' out west, Rawhide!

Like the blood & custard autocoach! Chimney on the loco looks a bit wonky, tough, or is it just camera angle?

Cheers, George.

Crikey George theres nowt wrong with your eyesight  :goggleeyes:  :D well spotted mate, I had a look at the loco and found it was crooked so I gave it a light push to seat it on the smoke box properly and all is well, thanks for that  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

johnlambert

Picked up some new wagons yesterday.  Graham Farish 3 pack weathered cattle wagons and an ex-LMS brake.  The brake has been fitted with Dapol magnetic couplings at both ends and the rake of cattle trucks has magnetic couplings at the outer ends.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 30, 2013, 07:26:13 PM
I have a few Life Like US locos Peter and they are very good locos and run very well.

Now you will need some boxcars to haul behind it  ::)

cheers John.

John,
Thanks for the comments.

As it is I already have 2 boxcars that are brand new and never run some years ago.  I purchased them and then gave up trying to model in "N"!

They are both commemorative cars which I found more interesting!

So when the loco arrives  AND I have power to the track I will have something to play with!!!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

scotsoft

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 31, 2013, 04:01:45 PM
John,
Thanks for the comments.

As it is I already have 2 boxcars that are brand new and never run some years ago.  I purchased them and then gave up trying to model in "N"!

It looks like you have a conflict with the couplings on this one Peter, these look like rapido.
One way round it is to change one end only, that way you have a "conversion boxcar" that will allow you to couple the two styles of couplings together.

So when the loco arrives  AND I have power to the track I will have something to play with!!!

Regards Peter.

I prefer the buckeye style of coupling as I get far few uncouplings than I do with rapido which can be a right pain  :veryangry:

cheers John.

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 31, 2013, 04:12:12 PM
Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 31, 2013, 04:01:45 PM
John,
Thanks for the comments.

It looks like you have a conflict with the couplings on this one Peter, these look like rapido.
One way round it is to change one end only, that way you have a "conversion boxcar" that will allow you to couple the two styles of couplings together.

Regards Peter.

I prefer the buckeye style of coupling as I get far few uncouplings than I do with rapido which can be a right pain  :veryangry:

cheers John.

I have yet to identify the difference!

Another of those so-called "Learning Curves"!

Question are they easily interchangeable?  I.E. Can all couplings be exchanged for the Dapol magnetic?

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

upnick

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on March 31, 2013, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on March 31, 2013, 04:12:12 PM

cheers John.

I have yet to identify the difference!

Another of those so-called "Learning Curves"!

Question are they easily interchangeable?  I.E. Can all couplings be exchanged for the Dapol magnetic?

Regards Peter.

Hi  Peter,   

The buckeye couplers John refers to are the type on  your  Model  Rilaroader car & the RS2 you  have on the way to you,  they both have a  curved trip  pin  activated by a magnet  to allow  no hands coupling / uncoupling

Heres a video  to show buckeye type operating hands free

N scale Microtrains Uncouplers at work

Also  a   video showing the differences beteen  the buckeye & rapido   couplers along with a conversion  to buckeyes.

Your other  gold car has Rapido  type couplers it might be the coupler  is attached to the bogie / truck   & these can  be replaced with  such  as Microtrains trucks as a unit.

MTL Couplers installed into an Atlas EV Caboose

scotsoft

I think he has replaced many many couplings to make it look that easy  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

Bealman

All this talk about couplings - johnlambert:

I see you have gone the way of just putting the Dapol couplings on the end of the rake of cattle wagons.  That seems to be a favoured way people are doing it on the thread about Dapol couplings. Makes sense as they would probably be moved around in short rakes like that in the old branchline stations. They look great weathered together like that anyway. I was interested to hear that you have put the Dapols on both ends of the brake. That makes sense, too.

Great looking set!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations