I want one of these !!

Started by m1racleman, March 06, 2011, 05:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1racleman

Can anyone identify this loco?? All I know is that it is LMS and was based at Melton Mowbray. And befor BT gets in, NO! it isn't a pork pie !!!!  ;D

poliss

LMS 7063 at Crewe South September 19th 1937.

Tank

Quote from: poliss on March 06, 2011, 05:55:27 PM
LMS 7063 at Crewe South September 19th 1937.

That's a bit vague.  Can't you be more specific?!  ;) ;D

m1racleman

Who am I to argue with the poliss??
All I need to know now is what type it is so I can look for one ( OR MAYBE 2 ) ON EBAY.

poliss

Adam1701D

Pretty sure that Parkwood models did a resin cast body for this beast that fitted on a German chassis of some description.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

m1racleman

Quote from: captainelectra on March 06, 2011, 06:41:32 PM
Pretty sure that Parkwood models did a resin cast body for this beast that fitted on a German chassis of some description.
Parkwood models? Now there's a company that have no right to be in business. What kind of idiots only sell through a society that charges membership ?? That's like paying to go into Tescos !! Bloody ridiculous!!!   ;D Long Live Mr Meldrew 

H

Quote from: m1racleman on March 06, 2011, 07:42:49 PMParkwood models? Now there's a company that have no right to be in business. What kind of idiots only sell through a society that charges membership ?? That's like paying to go into Tescos !! Bloody ridiculous!!! 

No it's not. It like shopping at Costco where you have to be a member and pay a fee to get in.  It's quite normal for society's and clubs to charge a memebership fee. If you want to go in just pay the memebership subs. Once you've paid, you get the benefits - so why not quit the whingeing and join? You can get more in return in savings than the subscription fee.

Parkwood gave up their N kit range and it's only being made available thanks to the efforts of the N gauge Society. There are others that only provide through the NGS like the N modelaster range. They are not idiots but it obviously fits with their business model and plan.

H.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations