NGS Journal 4/17

Started by zwilnik, July 27, 2017, 01:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik

The latest journal dropped on my doormat today. Rather chuffed to see my Left Luggage article included :)

http://newweb.ngaugesociety.com/?p=1296

daveg

NeMo

Quote from: Zwilnik on July 27, 2017, 01:46:55 PM
The latest journal dropped on my doormat today. Rather chuffed to see my Left Luggage article included :)

Very well done! I will look forward to reading the article -- I like these micro-layouts, which often require a great deal of skill and imagination to work well.

Grahame is not the strongest communicator, and it is always a surprise when it turns out he accepted your article and decided to print it in the N Gauge Society Journal!

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Hailstone

Congratulations! I hope it won't be the only article you write for the journal, I have just sent in my second, penned whilst on holiday, and will write one for the 3D print Trojans I am currently working on.

Regards,

Alex

zwilnik

Thanks all, yes I wasn't sure if Grahame had liked it or if the photos were good enough etc. (I had to do them in a hurry as it needed to be wrapped for Christmas ;) ) so it was a really nice surprise to see it.

Definitely inspired to do another one, although my "Let's hack Farish suburbans into 4 and 6 wheel coaches" thing I'm playing with has been covered particularly well by someone else in this issue. Better than my messing about. But as I get more modelling time I think I'll be coming up with something else up to suitable standards :)

Chris Morris

Left luggage is a nice project and an interesting read.

As they said they were desperate for articles I submitted an article about my first N gauge layout and this is also in this edition.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

daveg

Well done, Chris!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

RailGooner

Been avoiding this thread until I could check the mail. :D Only scanned through briefly for now. Congrats to Zwilnik and Chris. Looking forward to reading your articles later. :beers:

Portpatrick

Yep.  Mine arrived today.  Having a good look.

Newportnobby

Well done to Aaron and Chris for having articles published.
Not a bad mag this time with some good articles.
Bit baffled in the letters section by a bloke who seems to equate not being able to read numbers on steamers and seems to blame it on DCC ???

Chris Morris

Quote from: newportnobby on July 27, 2017, 09:05:11 PM
Well done to Aaron and Chris for having articles published.
Not a bad mag this time with some good articles.
Bit baffled in the letters section by a bloke who seems to equate not being able to read numbers on steamers and seems to blame it on DCC ???

Not quite - he says he can't go DCC because he has some identical locos where the only difference is the loco number. As he can't read the cab number he wouldn't know which loco to call and therefore can't go DCC. Must say I have never heard that argument before and sounds a bit weak. For me, as the numbers are too small to read I don't even bother to renumber identical locos. Even though I am not DCC I can tell which is which by little things such as the lamps which are for different train types.

Tank

Well done on getting your articles published. :thumbsup:

It was a nice chunky magazine.  I've skimmed through it for now.   My priority is always to see how many NGF mentions are in there!  :D  I only spotted the one this time.

Keep up the good work. :)

Chris Morris

Sorry - I never thought to mention the forum. I have to admit I wouldn't have joined NGS if it wasn't for this forum so I should have mentioned it. I guess it somehow just feels like NGS and NGF are all part of the same team.

Bealman

Possibly the similarity of letters. NGF NGS.

Congratulations on getting your work published, just the same!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

zwilnik

Next one I'm going to make sure I remember to slap an NGF sticker on :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations