How do you fix down a Turntable?

Started by REGP, July 15, 2017, 10:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

Having just bought a Bachmann TT and struggled to find the best joiners to connect it to my Kato track, I'm now stuck with the problem of how to fix it in place.

It's not countersunk into the Baseboard, there are no obvious screw or pin holes. Self adhesive pads would mess with the track height, gluing it down makes retrieval a tad difficult as it's not too robust.

I have been considering drilling holes in the sections where the pre fitted rails won't be used, but without dismantling it I not sure where I could drill without damaging wiring or some part of the mechanism. ???

Any one out there got any bright ideas?

Ray

ntpntpntp

Double sided tape? Much thinner than the self-adhesive pads.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

austinbob

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

If you have a few spurs running off the TT and they are fastened down, I would suspect that you don't need to fasten the TT down, it won't move.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

broadsword

Is this the turntable with the small hut ? I was thinking that the
plastic sections between the outlet tracks may be solid and could
take a screw, maybe or maybe not?

REGP

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I wrote of a couple point that were stuck down with copydex when trying to remove them, so I am don't want to glue the TT down.

The track only comes in on one side of the TT so regrettably they won't hold it in place.

Yes it is the one with a cabin on it but I have removed a couple of the unused rail sections and can see some wires underneath so am reluctant to drill through anywhere on the outer ring. 

Double sided tape looks like the most likely solution at moment.

Ray

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations