!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cascade 1  (Read 425 times)

Offline grumbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Cascade 1
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 09:52:14 am »
Great idea Andy,

BN was always my first choice for a US road, and as I'll be in the Pacific Northwest I'll have an excuse to buy some of those cascade green lovelies

Can't wait to see things develop

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 11:27:25 am »
Graham

If you are moving to Salmon Arm that is north of the border which makes Washington state the Pacific southwest. Remember that. How is your move going by the way?

Webbo

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 01:54:41 pm »
True enough Webbo!

The move is .. well evolving..  We still have to sell our house here (thanks brexit and teresa may :(  )
so we've lost the house in Salmon Arm.. which sucks.. but it has led us to consider new and different things.   not to hijack the thread, but it looks like were now going to be buying land on Vancouver Island and building a log home .. its a terrifying prospect but exciting too.. and yes it will have a basement!

G.

Online texhorse

• N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 05:34:31 pm »
Wow Graham, exciting times!

Still haven't ruled out moving to WA ourselves, but it is more likely we stay in England now for financial reasons.

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad

Offline Jon898

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »
... it looks like were now going to be buying land on Vancouver Island and building a log home .. its a terrifying prospect but exciting too.. and yes it will have a basement!

G.

Well, you will need somewhere to hide from the bears  :o

Offline outofgauge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 15978
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 09:43:52 pm »
Andy -as the saying goes -i saw this and thought of you ! :laugh3:

Not exactly a hot wire cutter -but it appears to work -Mrs ain't gonna like the vac getting involved tho !!!! :no:
Regards

Neil

Remember -this is not a practice !!
And I was Born ready .

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 11:25:50 pm »
It looks like fun but I'm glad that It wasn't me doing it!!
Look at the arms. What a mess.   :D
I wonder if cutting with the rotary tool has certain texture when you finish it.

Dats

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 11:41:35 pm »
The mess would have been a lot worse if using a rotary tool on the expanded polystyrene which I used. The EP breaks up into little balls that fly everywhere just like a blizzard and worst of all, they stick to things and are difficult to clean up. So, hot wire on EP - yes; rotary tool on EP - not unless you are truly desperate.

Graham, building a log cabin on Vancouver Island is pretty exciting all right. VI is a nice place - I lived in Victoria for 6 years. Are you planning to live in the back woods?

Webbo

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 08:48:35 am »
I hope you have a shop vac to clean up that mess!!! I've only been brave enough to use a rasp on the pink stuff.

Graham, building a log cabin on Vancouver Island is pretty exciting all right. VI is a nice place - I lived in Victoria for 6 years. Are you planning to live in the back woods?

Webbo
My wife grew up in Victoria and North Van so we know the area pretty well, but we're not going full on back-country, just something out of town a few minutes.  We're looking around Shawnigan Lake , Qualicum and Nanaimo at the moment, so small town/village or just out of town although we are looking a getting at least a couple of acres.  Its just a pity it doesnt look like the E&N will resume operation (well SVI now).  I do hope it gets sorted out else its a ferry ride to the mainland to railfan

Online texhorse

• N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 01:11:59 pm »
Looking at that guy with his pink foam makes me think that the small amount of mess I make with the foam cutter has made it a brilliant investment!  I've also fallen foul of the white expanded polystyrene in the past.  The little bits stick to everything, with a strangely warm feeling to them as well....

Andy
UK

Montrose and Highland Railroad

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
July Donations

Advertise Here