How to Disassemble a Stanier Coach

Started by Bob G, July 08, 2017, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

:helpneededsign:

On the NGS helpline I often get questions I can't answer, and if it is model related, it is usually due to me not owning every item ever made. Today I got one such question.

My modeller wants to know how to completely disassemble a Farish Stanier Period III coach, in order to modify them for Period I/II variations. As I am a Southern modeller working in Periods 5 and later, I've not succumbed to a Stanier coach, and even if did get a full brake, for example, I would not feel the need to take it to bits!

Maybe someone can help with this question.

Bob

PLD

Quote from: Bob G on July 08, 2017, 01:21:36 PM
My modeller wants to know how to completely disassemble a Farish Stanier Period III coach, in order to modify them for Period I/II variations.
:offtopicsign:
Not directly answering your question, but if you want to create an LMS period 1 or 2 coach, a Stanier is completely the wrong starting point... No need to disassemble it at all- save time by just throwing the whole coach in the bin because all you can really reuse are the wheelsets and even they aren't the right size for some types!!
For most Period 1 or 2 coaches a better starting point is the Dapol Maunsell coaches or the old Farish generic types...

Paddy

So, does anyone know how to disassemble a Farish Stanier coach?

Many thanks

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

chrism

Quote from: Paddy on February 20, 2020, 04:54:48 PM
So, does anyone know how to disassemble a Farish Stanier coach?

Remember that you should have put a buffer stop at the end of a baseboard edge siding - but just a little bit too late?
:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations