Gad but it's hot, Fanshawe

Started by Newportnobby, June 18, 2017, 04:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

;D  I don't think they do actually!

I just don't get the time buddy.  Family first! :angel:

GroupC

28C in York apparently so I went for a fast bike ride to warm up a bit. Brrrrrrr. Felt all woozy and weird by the end for some reason despite drinking lots. Still, it was fun and very, very quiet on the melting roads around York.

The local rag has one of those tiresome lazy journalism pieces comparing York's temperature with that of other so-called hotspots. F- for effort, must try harder, you journalist lot, and "see me". Very poor.

As Alan Partridge would say, "hotter than the surface of the sun".

lil chris

Not sure if this was meant for me Mick my dear boy.

" I imagine if you have your layout in a loft it would be pretty unbearable up there?"

But of course you are correct, window open, fan on full, in my undies, still too warm, sorry too much information there........he....he
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

The Q

At Dawn this Monday Morning my house was showing 24C, but by the time I left for work at 06:00, 25C. The house has 1 brick solid walls.

Meanwhile in the Railway shed yesterday at 15:00 the inside thermometer was showing 35C+ that's with two doors open and the shed roof vent open.

We are promised more of a sea breeze today, I hope so We are only half a mile from the beach.

Now sitting in the lab at work 23C+- 05C

Dancess

Should be here in France, temperature is now 32°C with forecast of 38°C this afternoon - we have yellow warning for high temperatures and advice is to stay indoors.
S&D lives on - sort of!

Newportnobby

Quote from: lil chris on June 19, 2017, 12:06:59 AM

But of course you are correct, window open, fan on full, in my undies, still too warm, sorry too much information there........he....he

Aaaargh! That's both you and Bob Tidbury wearing shorts. No more please :stop:
Of course, if Liz Hurley is reading this by all means post pics :) :drool:

marco neri

Fortunately,
here in the centre centre/south of Italy is blowing a little fresh air from East, Balcan mountains...and temperature is on a pleasent 30C....but from middle of the week wil arrive the Sahara's "claw"...and I can't think about it!! :(
The house is air conditioned (the best purchase of these last three years...after trains :D)..and layout is in the cellar, always fresh and airy...

Cheers

Marco

P.s....who is of you that is cruising here?...I have seen some pics of trains and Italian statioon facebook
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

port perran

Well into the 20s already but a nice cool 14 indoors. The advantage of 2foot thick granite walls.
Off fpr a nice coastal stroll to top up the tan.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Geez, 30 degrees! Got to 22 in the backyard today, and I'm cold!

Try 47!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on June 19, 2017, 10:26:33 AM

Try 47!

We spend most of our year at 47 degrees. Trouble is it's Fahrenheit :doh:
Last time I tried to strike a happy medium I was arrested for assaulting Doris Stokes :laugh:

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on June 19, 2017, 08:17:38 PM
Quote from: Bealman on June 19, 2017, 10:26:33 AM

Try 47!

We spend most of our year at 47 degrees. Trouble is it's Fahrenheit :doh:
Last time I tried to strike a happy medium I was arrested for assaulting Doris Stokes :laugh:
The old 'uns are the best, Mick.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

Have you noticed how the heat has a detrimental effect on the quality - and age - of the jokes around here? :hmmm:

The old 'elephant' jokes could be set for a reappearance soon.  :uneasy:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: daffy on June 19, 2017, 09:24:28 PM
Have you noticed how the heat has a detrimental effect on the quality - and age - of the jokes around here? :hmmm:

The old 'elephant' jokes could be set for a reappearance soon.  :uneasy:

Surely, not the one about doing a ton on the motorway? :no:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations